Hello, I hope that you can help me with my problem. My son is 8 years old and it seems like he is allergic to decongestants and I don’t know how to help him. I mean, how do you get relief from nasal congestion if you can’t take decongestants? Do you know?

Well, I think that you should check with the doctor about that allergy. It might be that he did not respond well to meds only once and perhaps next time things will be better. Still, if he cannot deal with decongestants he might try some alternative powder meds for dealing with the symptoms of cold and flu, including runny nose, high temperature, sore throat etc.

What kind of alternative powder meds? My fiancee is also allergic to decongestants (as well as most nasal sprays); they make her worse and give her a sinus infection.

I've also had problems with most decongestants, antihistamine and even stereoid sprays. I recently discover I can tolerate an allergy spray called Nasalcrome, that's not an antihistamine. It might be worth trying.