Hi, guys. My husband has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Doctor explained us the nature of this disease and we know that it goes through relapses and remissions. I would really like to know what to do during a pseudoexarcerbation. Can you give me some advice considering this? I will really appreciate it.

Hi, there. You are absolutely right. MS is a disease which goes through relapses and remissions. I would first advise you to try to avoid provoking factors. Each patient has some provoking factors that cause pseudoexarcerbations. It would be best if your husband could avoid them. On the other hand, if it isn’t possible, you should consult your husband’s doctor about the details. I hope this will help. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, everyone. You must learn to live with pseudoexarcerbations. It is the part of the disease. As far as I know, they are usually treated with corticosteroids. They have good short term effect. However, they show many side effects. I don’t know about other medications. It would be really best to consult your husband’s doctor. I hope this helps a little. Bye!

Good evening, good people. My niece has been diagnosed with this terrible disease. I know that there are some medications recommended for acute attacks. Beta interferons are used here. They strengthen the immune system and fight the viral infection. They have even alternative called Glatiramer. Tysabri blocks the attachment of immune cells to the blood vessels in the brain. This reduces inflammation in the nerve cells. Mitoxantrone is the cytostatic drug that can also be used here. You should discuss these medications with the specialist. Bye!