Ok, since Sunday the tendon that runs out of the Hamstring area hurts like heck. when ever the foot lis lifted i can feel it. any "leg curl" motion is very annoying.

So back to the R I C E for a while. glad it happenned at the end of the season. anyone had one of these before? how long til it healed? did you treat yourself? Doctor? Physical Therapy?

I don't have much trouble with my hamstring area. I use the STICK on my hamstrings regularly though. If you don't have one, you should.

physical therapy, baby......which started with a muscle tear....but with all these new-fangled exercises and weight lifting....they say muscle is almost healed....appears to be tendonitis.....fix one thing cause another. Hurts when I stand a long time or walk....runnings fine :).

so it hurts behind your knee???

I hurt my hammy training for Hops marathon. IN 01...

Never healed right and still bothers me when I do speed work.

I'm with JU, Get the stick. www.thestick.com

Sheldon

:( I don't want to hear that!!!! Do you think you developed scar tissue? My pain is going away but the pt still sees a bulge.

i have The Stick, and use it on my IT Band all the time. It hurt above the knee but at the joint and would extend up the back through the hamstring. several days of iceing, Aleve and then a few hot soaks and icing helped it out, feels all beeter now. :whew:

This type of injury is very annoying since you're using it so often, which will make it harder to heal. Unless you could just sleep in all day and let it heal then I think it might take a while. Good luck on the recovery!

Trail Running Blog