I think I've developed achilles tendonitis or am on my way to it. This past month I've introduced hillwork every other week in addition to the speedwork I do every week.

It started hurting the first time I did hill repeats, but it was nothing that really took notice. After Sunday's repeats, I'm hurting when I walk.

It's not excessively painful, though, and, infact, I do believe I could do my speedwork routine with some ibuprofen. Yesterday, I ran an easy 6 miles and then iced and did the ibuprofen and was great...I event thought I was better until I got up this morning.

I'm wondering if there are stretches I could do to loosen my hamstrings and perhaps help with the pain, so I don't need to put off my speedwork. It's not as if the pain is horrible...there's some wincing when I run, but, overall, I can run.

Unfortunately I feel like an expert when talking injuries. Stop now. I learned the hard way. Cross train if you can find something that does not hurt it.

Backing off on mileage, eliminating speedwork and a lot of calf stretching.

I'd back off. Definitely the speedwork and hills and maybe all running until its gone, ie, cross train for several weeks. I know thats not what you want to hear, but I have a friend who ended her collegiate cross country career with what started out as what you are describing.

Thank you for the advise. I'll probably cross train with the bike.

I wanted to share the advise that RR to me because it sounds like it could be effective:

if you want a really effective treatment for the hamstrings, get a lacrosse ball or another hard rubber ball, a high bounce ball works good too. put it under the hamstring muscle while sitting on a bench or (coffee table ) and roll that ball up and down the length of the hamstring. 12 passes, up to 12 times a day. go as high up as your butt and really concentrate on that "link" where the hamstring meets the butt. the ball really gets in there and will break up any knots and release any trigger points you may have in the hamstring..... honestly, it could be affecting your entire leg.
also, the calf muscle could need rolling out too -- roll your calf muscle over your other kneecap about 12 times and then repeat with the other leg, while sitting in a chair. this rolling out of spasms is soooooo much more effective in recovery than stretching which can only make matters worse.

I'd fully agree with those saying to back off the mileage and drop the speedwork until you're healed up. The ball massage advice sounds right on too. I would chime in with a contrary view on stretching though. As your injury is acute right now, don't pull and tug on that tendon. It's an invitation to risking more tearing. Wait until you're out of the woods with any pains and aches. Then begin a stretching routine as you ease yourself back on the road.

And just one more longer term tidbit. As you've now found a "weak link" in your achillies, keeping off the hills is going to be more than a light consideration. If you stick with tempo runs or intervals for your quality workout of the week, those hills won't temp the achillies to ache again. But if you really feel the call for hill running, try to find a trail or grass hill versus being on the hard impact road for such a stressful workout 8)

I think you have to take a rest for a while and do some stretching and exercises that focus on your tendonitis. Think so?

But i guess it depends on what exercises you would be in. choose the one that focused on lower body exercises. espexially your legs. Yuo need one.

The pain caused by achilles tendonitis can develop gradually, Achilles tendonitis should not be left untreated due to the danger that the tendon can become weak and ruptured.You should decrease the distance of their walk or run, apply ice after the activity and avoid any uphill climbs. And you should use an orthotic device, heel cup, or heel cradle for extra support.

Definitely ruduce the running and rest. If you carry on it could turn into full blown achilles tendinopathy. Rest, ice and when pain free to do so stretch a lot! Eccentric calf drops are the gold standard exercise for this condition.
There may be other associated injuries contributing your heel pain as well. E.g. bursitis