Hi! I'm 25 and I have a big problem with my knee. I hurt it few months ago and since then I constantly feel annoying pain. Painkillers help me a little but I still can't run or go fast. I heard that chiropractic therapy maybe help me but I'm pretty skeptic. Do you think that Chiropractic is placebo?

No! Don't be skeptic. Alternative way of healing sometimes is the only solution. I also had a problem with my knee and chiropractic therapy helped me very much. Just try to find a really good chiropractor. My experience with chiropractic is totally positive and I’m sure that it's not a placebo. Maybe you should try!

YES!!!
Chiropractis is pretty much a complete placebo.
You would be just as satisfied with a good massage.
Thats about as effective as Chiropractics are.
Chiropractors are usually alternatives to fail medical attempts.
The doctor will reccommend a chiropractor in order to see how the placebo effect works for you.
Trust me, Chiropractics are no more helpful at curing medical conditions than going to a witchdoctor.
Those of you who go to a chiropractor, sorry to break the news to you, but it was not the chiropractor that made you feel better, It was ALL you.
The Mind has total control over the body. When you believe something will work, it will. simple as that. Don't shoot the messenger.

And you base this on what? Oh, your opinion! Guess what- that means nothing. Your opinion cannot negate the many studies demonstrating the very real neurological effects of chiropractic adjustments. Get over yourself and realize that your opinions are just that, and should not be presented as fact!

for your consideration:

The site has some ratings on chiropractors and dentists from all over Canada.
I don't think chiropractors can straighten your spine, as some of them claim, but they can probably help with the pain.
Good luck.

Any form of natural therapy believes on the theory "structure governs function". If you try to improve posture of the body, functionality of the body can be affected. Pains and strains are most often emotional or poor posture problems. So it's not good to look for medicines for all these day to day problems. Body has some natural immune system and natural therapy like chiropractic can boost it.

Chiropractic has something more to offer than just a bodily massage. It has detailed study on the structure of spine in very minute and deep details. Neurotransmitters which are actually responsible for making senses are cured and healed with natural process.

Chiropractic is not just a massage, rather a complete science which a chiropractor learns through systematic education and training.

Reading this almost made my head explode lol First off, yes you are right about the power of the placebo effect. But it it were THAT powerful than the pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be the number one company in the nation, In fact i think they'd be outa business. As for chiropractic, are you familiar at all with what chiropractors are attempting to do? The same as massage? In a nutshell, we are attempting to re align the spinal column to allow optimal Flow/ or neuronal transmission ( for you md's ). Doing this allows the Body to heal itself since every tissue, organ, it all communicates thru these nerves with the brain. Please do more research before you make Accusations