Hello. I would like to find out something more about possible cause of my digestive problems.
This all started few weeks ago with nausea, loose stools, weight loss, abdominal tenderness and occasional fever.
All this made me thinking that maybe some food poisoning could be the cause but my symptoms stayed present for weeks so I have excluded this option.
I have did some research on my own and I found out that I have all symptoms of one disease called amebic dysentery, so I actually need some extra informations about this disease.
Is it something serious?

I'm a medical student and that’s why I know something about these kinds of disease but I have to remind you that I'm not a doctor yet.
Amebic dysentery is also called amebiasis.
Amebiasis is an intestinal illness caused by a microscopic parasite called Entamoeba histolytica.
So, after all, you were right at the beginning because Amebiasis is contracted by consuming contaminated food or water containing the cyst stage of the parasite.
It can also be spread by person to person contact.
You must understand that you must seek for medical help because your symptoms will stay indefinite.
You are caring a live parasite in your self. The parasite lives in humans and feed it self with food you digest.
These kinds of diseases are commonly treated with anti-parasitic drugs or antibiotics.
A combination of drugs is generally used to treat amebic dysentery: an amebicide (metronidazole or tinidazole) to eliminate the organism from the intestinal tract an antibiotic to eradicate associated bacterial infections.