what is the morphology of trichomonas hominis?

can you state the infective stage of trichomonas hominis?

what is the diagnostic stage of trichomonas hominis?

can you give examinations and tests performed on trichomonas hominis?

Pentatrichomonas hominis (formally known as trichomonas hominis):This species is also refered to as Trichomonas hominis and has a variable number of anterior flagella (three to five) but typically five. The posteria flagella is attached by an undulating membrane which runs the full length of the cell. It has a relatively wide host range and is generally a harmless commensal found in the caecum and colon of man, other primates, dogs and cats. It is the least common of the 3 species inhabiting humans and is generally present in less than 2% of the population, although in many developing countries the prevalance is much higher (e.g. Mexico 32%). It is said to be less common in temperate climates but increased prevelance is usually directly associated with poor hygiene since the parasite is transmitted by the oral-faecal route via contaminated food, water and flies etc. Infections with T. hominis are easily distinguished from the other two species since there is a strict habitat restriction and this species will not survive in either the oral cavity or the genitourinary tract. Although not proved to be pathogenic infections are often associated with other protozoal gut parasites such as Entamoeba histolytica but their presence is probably coincidental and secondary to the primary pathogen.

Diagnostic and infective stage: trophozoite

Wait, this has nothing to do with the STD, trich or trichomoniasis, or does it? I looked it up because I assumed it had to do with the STD, but the CDC says something confusing about the life cycle of this thing and that it's considered non-pathogenic, whatever that even means. This is apparently in the stool. I'm not sure what the relation is between trich and this thing though, and now I am curious. Does anyone know more about this by any chance? Is this hominis thing not transmitted sexually then?

New to me as well, but I looked it up and it is NOT the same thing as trichomoniasis. It's a flagellate that is apparently common in warm and temperate climates and that can live in the intestines without causing any symptoms to the carrier. Trichomonas vaginalis and trichomonas hominis do have some things in common namely, there isn't a cyst stage that is known of so you have to get it directly. It can be prevented by better hygiene but treatment is not necessary for the hominis kind.

To answer the question, one of them in any case, courtesy of a popular search engine and a web source, it can be diagnosed by looking at a fresh stool but is often missed as well. Since treatment is not necessary I wonder what the benefits of diagnosing trichomonas hominis are at all. You know you have it, then what? They do differ from other parasites so maybe knowing this is what you have can rule out other species, but other then that there is no seeming reason to be aware of the diagnosis.

I do wonder why so little info is around about it.

Maybe because it's not all that important? Since they say no treatment is necessary and it's pretty normal, there's not much to worry about. I even read that it can be beneficial because it fights the bacteria that cause diarrhea, intestinal cramps, wind, that kind of thing. The name trichomonas hominis sounds scary perhaps but it turns out that there's not much to worry about here. This is not to be confused with the STD I found out since posting the last time. Really, this thing is something we can safely ignore.

I feel the need to point out that a doctor has replied to this thread now. The answer is very informative and pretty much tells you everything you need to know about trichomonas hominis. He did say that people with normal immune systems don't get the parasite so that should tell you something. And it's only really found in tropical areas. The parasite can produce symptoms, abdominal pain and joint pain, which does not sound pleasant at all! It can be treated but it can also be avoided in the first place. Just read the answer.

so how it is non pathogenic and causes the infection ?

How long does it take to treat trichinomas hominis trophozoize