Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I would like to find more about the disease I was diagnosed few days back. After one unprotected sexual intercourse, I felt some strange symptoms few days after.
I have noticed that I have this smelly, yellow-green vaginal discharge with a strong odor.
You can't imagine how terrified I was when I saw this. I talked immediately with my gynecologist and determined that I suffer from some sexually transmitted disease called trichomoniasis.
I really don’t know anything about this nor is it dangerous or not. My gyn seamed pretty serious. Is there anything important I should know about this disease?

Hello. I just want to tell you that your disease isn’t anything so serious but it belongs to the group of sexually transmitted diseases.
You should also know that Trichomoniasis is the most common curable STD in young, sexually active women. It is caused by one parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis.
Man often have no symptoms but women do notice this strange vaginal discharge you’ve already described. Beside this the infection also may cause discomfort during intercourse and urination, What's most important about this disease- Trichomoniasis can usually be cured with the one drug called metronidazole, given by mouth in a single dose.