Hello. I'm 26 year old male and these last couple of days I was thinking about one thing. Few days ago one neighbor came back from his trip to Africa and I would like to say that he is happy but that wouldn’t be truth.
He came back seriously ill although no one is really sure what is going on. Since he got home he didn’t leave the house!
My mother told me that she heard he was diagnosed with some kind of malaria, but she isn’t sure. But a close friend of mine told me that it isn’t malaria but some disease called quartan! How serious is this quartan disease?

Hello. I see that you are really not so familiar with this exotic disease called malaria.
This quartan that you were talking about isn’t anything but just one type of malaria.
Quartan malaria means that the malarial fever that recurs every fourth day and that’s all.
What can I tell you about malaria? Malaria is a parasitic disease caused by Plasmodium malariae and characterized by fever, chills, and anemia. It can be fatal within a few hours of the first symptoms but the good thing about it is, if controlled well, it can be cured completely with one special kind of medications called antimalarics!