My symptoms started 3 days ago, but have been very harmful from the beginning. I noticed light green vaginal discharge with very unpleasant odour. This was associated with vaginal swelling, redness and itching. Are these symptoms of trichomonis? I have never had any genital infection. I also have painful sensation when urinate and have sudden need to urinate that sometimes can not control.

I think that you may be infected with this parasitic infection. Trichomoniasis is caused by trichomonas vaginalis which is parasite that differs from the other causal agents of sexual transmitted diseases. Your symptoms are characteristic for trichomoniasis, but I guess that can be Chlamydia too. I had trichomoniasis once, 2 years ago. You should have vaginal smear examination and probably will be suggested to do pap test. I was on flagyl, it is the only drug for trichomoniasis and is administered in one dose. I guess that here are the other forms of this drug called metronidazole (generic name of flagyl).