so i've had these little white bumps on my upper lip(mainly at the corners) for about a month now, i also have had a lot of dry mouth and sticky lips,and sensitvive gums (often bleeding after brushing teeth) also wake up with white slime around my lips, ive been to a doctor twice and they have said nothing to worry about, but its just been bothering the hell out of me.. any suggestions, ideas, tips or anything??

I have a similar situation and it too bothers the hell out of me. Can't focus. I am worried about it being a precancer.....however my dentist and doctor don't seemed too concerned. My internet research suggests it is Fordyce spots (hyperactive oil glands) they can appear as little raised bumps that feel like sandpaper when you rub them with your tongue.

I don't know. I guess if I was more aggressive I would demand a biopsy on them but I am relying on them to make the diagnosis. For now - I am alive!

anonymous wrote:

I have had similar symptoms you described and found out that I was infected with a parasite - a critter called giardia. These critters can infect you in numerous ways, I contracted mine whilst in China after food poisoning on the second day in a 5 star hotel. The food poisoning hospitalised me, but the giardia which was not detected then or treated, it has plagued me for years ever since.

The symptoms were as follows:

1. white slime on lips in the morning
2. white spots on and inside lips and white heads on side of upper arms - sometimes upper chest & back as well
3. bad breath, really odorous smell
4. very smelly poos - very smelly!
5. oily sticky poos
6. oily skin - abnormally oily compared to my normal skin structure
7. persistently hungry, especially within two hours of eating.... gut absorbtion seems to be disrupted.

Yet, my diet is very healthy with no red meat, only some tuna or salmon or mackeral fish occassionally for protein top up and lots of fresh vegetables and fruit.

The giardiasis was finally diagnosed by an astute Doctor who had herself been infected with this critter. I was given a series of doses of a drug called Tinidazole (from Fasigyn). All the symptoms finally disappeared. Thankfully, I got my life back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardiasis

Best of luck.