Hello, folks. My kid is 4 years old. Lately, he has been complaining of abdominal pain. He is also having some diarrhoea. Our paediatrician has excluded an infective cause of this. He suspects on celiac disease. I was wondering how to diagnose this disease in children. Can anyone help me with some info?

Hi, there. Celiac disease appears when children react to gluten in food. This gluten starts an immune response in intestinal mucosa. Then the symptoms start. I think that diagnosing consists of several tests. One of the most important is the one where kid is on gluten free diet. In that period, he will be tested for antibodies. If they are present in that period, he probably has celiac disease. I hope this helps. Please, let me know what you will do. Bye!

Hello. I would like to thank you for replying to my post. I was afraid that those tests would be more invasive. If this is true what you’ve told me, I won’t be afraid from diagnostic process. I hope this is only a false alarm and that the test will turn up negative. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again.