Hello. I'm very worried about my mother’s health. Lately she was experiencing some digestive symptoms such as nausea, loose stools, and weight loss.
She refused to the doctor and soon after she has developed even worse symptoms like abdominal tenderness and occasional fever.
So, I practically made her to visit an gastrologist. He descover that she suffers from some condition called Amebic dysentery.
She doesn’t know to explain what the doctor told her about ti and I certainly don’t know anything about this disease.
So, I would really like to find out more informations about it

I was diagnosed with amebiasis about four years ago and I have recovered completely.
It is an intestinal illness caused by a microscopic parasite called Entamoeba histolytica. You mother probably was contracted eating a contaminated food or water containing the cyst stage of the parasite.
What can I say about it you already haven’t?
You almost described usual symptoms of amebiasis. The disease is treated with antibiotics such as metronidazole.
You should know that hygiene is probably the best thing to do along with the antibiotics to speed up the recovery period.