I have heard so many times about infected people who catch malaria. I know it usually happens to someone else, somewhere in Africa. However, I realized I do not know anything about this disease. I think it is not enough to know mosquito is the main cause. That is why I would like someone to tell me more about this problem called malaria.

First, you have to know that malaria parasites are transmitted from one person to another by the female anopheline mosquito. The males do not transmit the disease as they feed only on plant juices, but what is important is to know mosquito only transmit disease. There are about 380 species of anopheline mosquito, but only 60 species are able to transmit the parasite that causes malaria. Malaria is diagnosed by the clinical symptoms and microscopic examination of the blood performed by doctor. When this infection is diagnosed, it can normally be cured by antimalalial drugs. The symptoms, such as fever, shivering, pain in the joints and headache, quickly disappear once the parasite is killed. Problem occurs when parasites develop resistance to certain antimalarial drugs, particularly chloroquine, as it is common problem in some areas. Patients in these areas require treatment with other more expensive drugs and in some cases hospital care. Malaria is complex but it is a curable and preventable disease, so you should not be much worried. Lives can be saved if the disease is detected early and adequately treated, similar to any other infection.