so im 23yrs. old and i feel like i am in hell!!! everyone thinks im a hypochondriac and im not i really believe in my heart something is truly wrong im scared i may be dying from an un-diagnosed illness and its making me nuts!!! i am constantly in the er and dr's office and they run a bunch of tests and everything comes back normal and when i ask for further testing they say that i don't need it and its all in my head(anxiety)...so here are my symptoms i am nauseous after i eat anything even when i don't eat i am nauseous constantly. i have upper stomach pain, i have been losing weight at first i was trying and now its unexplained, decreased urine,  i get really really tired after meals, when i use the bathroom it hurts soooo bad and i sometimes feel as if im going to faint,  i get bouts of really bad dizziness, my hands and feet tingle and go numb in the middle of the night, sometimes my stomach hurts so bad i get like a "out of body experience" it literally feels like i am about to die, and a couple of times when i go to the bathroom(sorry for the tmi) my stool was covered in white stringy mucous and blood, and as of lately i have been having a mucous discharge coming out my anus (again sorry for the tmi) and the feelings of out of body impending death have been increasing lately as well. somebody please help i cant drink alcohol or eat sweets. im 23yrs old and i cant live or enjoy my life it is sooo depressing to the point that i am about to give up hope....somebody help or offer suggestions please i am begging!!!!!

I have most of those symptoms as well as a few others. I was tested and they found nothing for me as well, which means they call it Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I'm 18, and failing at high school for it. You could experiment staying away from dairy. I've heard that helps some people with IBS. It sucks, I know. You should definitely mention the blood to your doctor again, although in my experience doctors generally don't have many answers.

You might well have parasites.  Try taking pysllium (blond) powder - follow instructions carefully because it turns into a thick jelly quite quickly.  Follow with a glass of water.  Very important to drink enough liquids although pysllium doesn't constipate.  Do this three times a day for quite a long time - three or four weeks - and check your stools.  I mean check!  Look closely.  Pysllium is harmless, natural and simply brushes the whole digestive system so, if there's anything lurking, it gets pushed out.  If there isn't, it's still good!    I know from experience.  Weight loss is typical of a parasite infection and tiredness, tingling, etc can result from malnutrition.  Parasites steal nutrients and then you feel depressed because you're tired, thin and don't know what's wrong.  So eat healthy too, not too many acidic foods like meat.  Check on internet for lists of alkaline forming foods.   And even if your doctor prescribes analyses which turn out negative, don't stop the treatment until you're sure.  Labs often don't find them.  Hope this helps.

Dominique, you very likely have a stomach or intestinal problem. It is not just IBS, since blood in the stool never appear in IBS. Like mentioned, it could be intestinal parasites, but also small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, celiac disease or Crohn's disease. I'm not aware of any reliable remedy for parasites, so do no t waste time with them. They are prescribed anti-parasitic drugs that can cure parasites.

I strongly recommend you to visit a gastroenterologist who can order appropriate stool and blood tests.