Hi, I have diagnosed liver cirrhosis and I am taking medications already. I am proposed to take some antioxidants and artichoke thistle dietary supplements. Is there anybody to advice me how to treat liver disease?

Hi, I have hepatitis B, diagnosed 2 years ago. I take interferon but along also dietary supplements: milk thistle seed (Sylibum marianum) because of it liver protective properties. Milk thistle has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and effects liver by stimulating liver cell regeneration. It contains silymarin and silybin, which have been shown to protect liver cells from toxins and ethanol (alcohol). Silymarin and silybin prevent lipid peroxidation of liver cell membranes, what leads to their damage. Artichoke thistle is also recommended for liver degeneration. Coenzyme Q10 was prescribed to me by a specialist. I believe that these supplements have helped me to ameliorate my health condition.