(I'm a 19 year old female) I have been treated 3 times for Chlamydia, and every time I take Zithromax it never cures it. After speaking with my OB/GYN she said that if Chlamydia is in the body so long, it will eventually cure itselfs. She suggested to of course not wait this long to be treated, but she did mention it to me. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

I surely have never heard that Chlamydia cures itself, what I’ve heard is that this is the most annoying infection one can possibly get. I know that even a treatment last way too long, even up to a whole year. If it is eventually cured, it wouldn’t be because it went on its own but due to a hard and long-lasting treatments. If it is left untreated it is developing and affecting uterus and egg canals and cause PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
You treat Chlamydia with antibiotics and using Zithromax is pretty common.
Mu friend and her boyfriend have been treating it since august 2005 and still they are positive. This became pretty annoying for them and they are both very worried as they are impatient to have a baby and can’t even think about one while infected. I know they bought some liquid antibiotic called chlamisan and are taking it apart from antibiotics and they are hoping to be negative the next time they take tests.
You know you should be negative 3 times in a row so that you could be sure that you got rid of Chlamydia??
I hope you will cure it soon.

You know believe it or not my OB/GYN told me the same thing. Chlamydia does cure itself if you left untreated. But its not okay if you know you have it & jus ignore still you have to cure it.

Try taking Doxycycline 100 MG tabs if zithromax isn't working. You will have to take two tabs daily with food for 7 days. I wouldn't wait for it to cure itself. In women it can effect you to where you will not be able to have children if it gets too bad and in men it can cause serious problems as well. I hope this helps. Just ask the doc for what I mentioned

Also make sure your partner is treated if just you are getting treated you can just get it right back the next time you have sex with him. I know this sounds like common sense but you need to abstain from intercourse until all symptoms subside.

So youve had it and it never went away, or it went away and you keep getting it.? Maybe you should do both meds to cure it. I took the zithromax and it went away in 7 days. Maybe you should take the pill form as well and of course stop having sex with your partner because 100 percent they have it too. Have them take the anti biotics along with yourself. Get re tested and make sure you dont have it anymore. Thats what me and my boyfriend had to do. And what ive been told, it doesnt go away by itself. It eventually makes you infertile. 

Hey, im 18 male, i just got a positive on chlamydia like two weeks ago. I was given doxycycline 100mg 1 every twelve hours with food for 7 days. I know i have to get re-tested so i can see if its gone but most likely it should be. I hope this helps.

Hey,many years ago I had strong symptoms of chlamydia about a week after having intercourse, I was too embarrassed to do anything about it at the time then symptoms passed, eventually (about 10 months later ) I went to the doctor and was refereed to a clinic , where I where I tested negative to all STI's without any treatment. I never had peace of mind for years after, but I never wanted to return to that terrible clinic, worst place I have ever been in !!

I am currently waiting for results of STI screening since I am now showing symptoms again after recent intercourse, I wait 2 weeks before they will prescribe me any meds

i had chlamydia four years ago and i was treated twice.first it wa ciprofloxacin and some others that were for insertion and later on i took doxycyclin.i no longer have discharges but i still have constant vargina itches and some vagina discharges.right now i dont know if i still have it or its gone and i dont have money to do another test becos the test alone is very expensive.and its been  almost four years since i did the last test

if you go to a family planning and have insurance it should just be a cost of the co-pay and possibly a RX...my boyfriend just got tested and only had to pay a co pay

i dont know how accurate jane23's answer was 7 years ago..well actually i do know..it was idiotic! proof that not everything you see on the internet is fact, especially things that people are trying to tell you for your own good. if anyone else sees this post please..do across the bopard research on everything from a varietty of sources before you make up your mind about it. first of all, chlamydia does get treated by the body itself. it usually takes a long time..from a few months to two years usually, before which your body can often suffer some nasty side effects, like the pid just mentioned, as well as allowing you to spread your infection to other people within that time. its important to the human race's existence as a whole to get treated asap so that you dont infect other people and we have an epidemic. in third world countries, however, its not that simple and studies have shown that without medication, the body does treat this infection on its own.thank you third world country guinea pigs for entertaining the medical minds of the free world. i would have to say that i have had bad luck with the zithromax i believe ity was..if memory serves. the one that takes on or three doses to treat. id go with the 7 day regimen of doxycycline. dont be lazy. deal with the medicartion for a week to make sure those buggers are out of your body, then retest to confirm. ask your doctor to throw in a chastity belt too, or it wont work.

Chlamydia: Top Natural Supplements for Treatment Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasitic microorganism, chlamydia trachomatis. In most cases, chlamydia occurs as a part of a combined infection with gonorrhea or other venereal diseases. Low immune function is the reason for infections like chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Antibiotics destroy beneficial bacteria in the body leading to yeast overgrowth that can show up as oral thrush and various gastrointestinal disturbances. The top natural supplements for chlamydia treatment are: Cat’s claw: Cat’s claw has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It increases immune response. However, this is not recommended for pregnant women, or for people who have had organ transplantation, and who are on anticoagulant medication. Garlic: Garlic is one of nature’s best antibiotics with powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties. Three to five cloves a day is beneficial in the treatment of chlamydia. Try garlic bulb cloves and garlic supplements. Astragalus root: Astragalus root has been used in China for centuries and is good for the treatment of chlamydia. It stimulates the immune system by supporting white blood cell count. Kelp seaweed: Kelp seaweed is beneficial for thyroid and mineral deficiencies. It is rich in nutrients and promotes glandular health. Echinacea and goldenseal combo: Echinacea and goldenseal work on the immune system. The combination has powerful antimicrobial properties. Colloidal silver and zinc combo: SilvaSolution Lozenges contain colloidal Silver and zinc which support the immune system and ward off infections. Turmeric: Turmeric has been used for ages for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant and mops up free radicals that damage cells in the body. 500 milligrams of turmeric every day is an essential part of chlamydia treatment. Vitamin B: B vitamins are essential for many functions. They are precursors of coenzymes in the process of conversion of cellular energy and useful in repairing and maintaining nerve structures. Vitamin C: Vitamin C offers antioxidant protection for enzyme systems of the body. It also maintains white blood cell function. The buffered form of vitamin C produces less stomach irritation.

Go natural I cured my self with cats claw ;-))

No bs cats claw cured it?

Whats a cats claw?