Hello everyone,

I've been searching around the internet and browsing through some books in order to find out about something that might prevent or reduce heart disease in diabetics. I didn't get far even after searching for a long period of time. Considering that I spent a lot of time and didn't really get any answers, I got kind of disappointed. 

I did get to read about this one thing: it said that Vitamin E can be used in order to reduce or prevent heart disease in diabetics. Now I'm looking for someone who can tell me if he knows if this is true?

Hey Adria,

As far as I know, Vitamin E can really help in reducing or preventing heart disease in diabetics, but it depends on the person's age. There was a study done which showed that men and women who are above 50 years old do not benefit at all from Vitamin E if we talk about reducing or preventing heart disease in diabetics.

If you don't take into consideration people who are above 50 years old, then Vitamin E can help for sure, it does more good to infants than to older people, so basically, the older you are, the less it helps.

Hey guys,

I've actually heard somewhere on the telly that a high dietary intake of vitamin E may be linked to lower rates of heart disease. I've also heard that it is actually used in order to prevent type 1 and 2 diabetes. I never heard about the age thing that Health n joy just mentioned, but I'm not doubting that she is right.

If you are up for trying a diet with high amounts of Vitamin E, it shouldn't be very hard to do. You can find a proper dietary program online or consult with your doctor, he might know about it as well.

It is true, Stradivarius, you can try and find some information on the internet about it, people who are above 50 don't have many benefits from the intake of Vitamin E, at least not if we are talking about reducing or preventing heart disease.

Yes, it would be wise to talk to a doctor about this. It might be kind of hard to get an appointment for this, but everything can be done if you pay for it properly. You can always ask the medical staff in hospital, if you manage to get to them somehow, they should know these kind of things.

Hello. I think that it can be very helpful in this case.  You should know that vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant in the body's lipid – fat phase. It can also prevent LDL lipid peroxidation that is caused by free radical reactions. It has ability to protect cell membranes from oxidation is of crucial importance in preventing and reversing many degenerative diseases. Also, vitamin E inhibits blood clotting and prevents plaque enlargement and rupture. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may also prove to be very important in the prevention of heart disease. It is good for many things as you can see. 

I don’t think that vitamin E is good for people who are dealing with diabetics. I remember that the scientific evidence has been mixed regarding vitamin E's effect on a person's risk of heart disease. Early studies seemed to indicate that vitamin E could help prevent heart disease, but latter those results were less promising. Look, the vitamin E you consume as part of a healthy diet isn't a concern. But, based on the research information available now, I do not recommend that people with diabetes take vitamin E supplements. Vitamin E is found in a variety of foods, including vegetable oils (corn, cottonseed, soybean, safflower), wheat germ, whole-grain cereals and green leafy vegetables. It is good antioxidant but it is not good for people with diabetics.

Good day there. So my friend Ema was diagnosed with diabetes when she was 17 years old. Since that day she is trying to do anything to keep healthy and to maintain her health at the proper way. She was reading somewhere that vitamin E can help her because it can reduce heart disease in diabtics people so she asked her doctor about it. He told her that this is not quite true and that Vitamin E is ok but for something else. Maybe but MAYBE it can help you, but ages have a huge role in it. Good luck.