Hi. I`m 21 yo F and have a liver damage. I don`t smoke cigarettes, I don`t drink alcohol, but I smoke marijuana. I think that marijuana is the cause of my liver damage problem. I couldn`t tell my doc about that and wonder does anybody know something about that?

Hi. I`m 32 and smoked some marijuana when I was younger. Marijuana doesn`t cause serious health problems. It can cause short-term memory loss, when you`re under the influence. Marijuana will never be the cause of serious health problems (tobacco and alcohol will). It doesn`t cause addiction, cancer, heart problems, birth defects or liver damage. You can`t die from marijuana. Nobody in this world has ever died due to the health problems caused by marijuana. There are even medical uses of marijuana

i think i have the same thing. what is the name for the medical condition of your liver?

i have liver damege to, it is called machanic icter :-). i dont drink i dont smoke tobbaco, but i pump allot of weed. im going do it tonight to, and tomorow im gonna tell you how i fell.

what is mechanic icter?

I'm doing a research project on marijuana and i happened to come to this page, when i read these posts i was super suprised. Marijuanna can cause many diffrent types of cancer, including lung cancer and throat cancer. Some research even states that someone's risk of heart attack quadruples ater their first hour of smoking marijuana, so think about what your saying and what your doing. Before you start telling people it's safe, why don't you actually research it.

Umm, I wouldn't want to send out the wrong message but you might wanna do some actual research and not just post what you've read from government web sites...A recent study done by the University of California showed no sign of marijuana leading to cancer, another showed that use of Marijuana can cure Alzheimer's disease. I just ask that you people look at both sided when doing research, you should know the good and the bad not just media/government propaganda. The only thing that is 100% true about the affects of marijuana is that it makes you hungry (good for some, bad for others), sleepy, and lazy.

I don't suggest you present the good sides of marijuana unless you're at least in college because people will frown upon you. (From the sounds of it you might be a high school student because it seems like the idea of research to you is typing in "marijuana" in google.)

I think the contributor is talking really about smoking marijuana. You can take it as read that smoking tobacco or marijuana can cause cancer. Lungs don't like smoke. Eating marijuana or using a vapouriser may well be much safer assuming sensible doses. As far as I am aware there is no suggested link between oral consumption of moderate doses of marijuana, and cancer.

if smoking pot is so bad why do they perscribe it to cancer,aids, and persons with weight loss problems? if you have ever watched general hospital(soap opera) the dr.s perscribed it to alexis which her role is a district attorn. she uses it for her cancer. why would they do that for a district attorney? does this make her a bad person?or a bad mother? no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take on this is that Smoking is bad news full stop. I am a smoker. For example my father in law smoked. He has just had a 'triple A' operation - to remove a potentially fatal weakening from a blood vessel serving his heart. Before that he had to have a tube put into his groin containing a balloon which went down his leg inside a blood vessel to open it back up because it became blocked. (Peripheral vascular disease) Both these operations are much, much more common for older smokers and are both potentially life threatening and reduce quality of life.

I believe marijuana IS used to help with some problems, but I don't know to what extent they recommend smoking it. It would have to be a case of 'this persons outlook is pretty bad, the risk of smoking something right now is not as bad as the alternative (not trying anything which might work).

There are other ways of taking in marijuana without the health risks associated with smoking it. If it has to be smoked, smoke it in a pipe or through a 'bong' a hubbly-bubbly or hookah - without tobacco. (Medicinally I can see no reason it has to be smoked though). Another alternative is to use a vapouriser which gives an instant effect life smoking it and a good flavour I hear. For non-nicotine addicts like myself - this is the method I would recommend. Finally it can be eaten in low doses. It doesn't have to be smoked if used.

I don't think anyone should be criticised for habits they have or psychoactives they consume if they do so carefully and without causing distress or other harm to others. However, speaking as someone who foolishly still uses tobacco long-term - don't smoke anything if you can avoid it.

Jim

GSTETKA wrote:

IF SMOKING POT IS SO BAD WHY DO THEY PERSCRIBE IT TO CANCER,AIDS, AND PERSONS WITH WEIGHT LOSS PROBLEMS? IF YOU HAVE EVER WATCHED GENERAL HOSPITAL(SOAP OPERA) THE DR.S PERSCRIBED IT TO ALEXIS WHICH HER ROLE IS A DISTRICT ATTORN.
SHE USES IT FOR HER CANCER. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT FOR A DISTRICT ATTORNEY? DOES THIS MAKE HER A BAD PERSON?OR A BAD MOTHER? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

! ! :-| ? ello my m8 is ere do u take drugs ???@?????????????

for the guy hu is 21 you shoul really tell some one about it tell your docter and they will help you dont be worried just try and cut down on it life will then be so mutch better. :-D

The reason the prescribe it to those patients is because for aids, it helps them to eat, for cancer it helps with pain..etc..BUT that doesn't mean there aren't side effects..even bad ones..but they are dying anyways...so anything that can help them get through what they go through as they die...even if it produces negative side effects helps. For a totally healthy person it wouldn't be as wise. Why cause yourself a sooner death if your not already on your way?

For people that are in the blind, I am 48 and have smoked weed daily since I was 10 years old. It is just like any item that can harm you, some people can and some people can't. For instance: Some people can smoke cigarettes all of their life and never have a problem. Others can't.
My boyfriend who is 51 was recently diagnosed with a heart disease and a liver disease. He doesn't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, but he has smoked marihuana almost daily for the past 25 years. He and I have been together for 17 years and we smoked daily during that time. He has never told his doctor's that he smoked chronically. Which i think is crazy because i beleive that is his 99% his problems. Marihauna has caused his medical diagnostics and they don't even know that he smokes. Yes 51 is the age when we all start falling apart anyways, but most of the time with a liver disease and the type of heart problem he has, something caused it. I did several researches on marihuana since they have diagnosed him because I was courious. I read a study where they gave people marihuana to people every other day for a year and found that the people that smoked had a 39% drop in their white blood count. Before heart surgey and the his liver biopsy they had to give my boyfriend a platelet transfusion because his was too low to chance a surgery without a transfusion. Before this last surgery, I told him about the study i had done and read the info to him, he quit smoking for 2 weeks now and before this surgey they did not need a transfusion...........wake up people, some people can and some peole can't. Just like you can eat a pound of chocolate and never gain an ounce I can look at it and gain 5 pounds. It is dangerous for some and not for others, i still smoke, not had any problems yet other than I'm fat because of the munchys. Be kind to your liver if you start havind problems, Quit Smoking Pot !! God Bless !!

What about Bob Marley?