i have been taking percocet for over a year. i am 24 years old have a wife and two children house picket fence you name it i have it but being in pain and taking these pills is destroying my life i do not like what its doing to me and my family how do i stop taking them without feeling like i want to die please HELP!!!!!!!

Hi hon: You are talking to the right person, what you need to do is go to your doctor and mention you want off of opiates. Ask he/she for Tramacet, and have them figure out the amount of Tramacet they would have to give you to replace the equivalent medication of Percocet. THEN you SLOWLY increase your Tramacet and decrease your Percocet. The only reason why I say Tramacet for you, is that I TRIED everything else, and Tramacet is the only one that handled the pain, yet stopped the addiction. This way you trick your mind - which is now addicted to Percocet - it NEVER feels without, so it wont make you go into withdrawls. This could take you SEVERAL weeks if not months, so just be patient and know that you WILL succeed, and do NOT do this by yourself OK? I was on Percocet and Percodane for 4 years!!! upto 400 pills a month!!! So - the old saying is true - If I can do it you CAN too. Good luck and keep me posted OK?

Hi: I just wanted too see how you are doing?

just take the withdrawls for a week or so dont do the tramacet the withdrawls are ten times worse

its hard for the first four or five days aches, pains, chills , insomnia, it sucks but many have done it and u can too

dont trade one opiate for a worse synthetic one.

talk to your doctor i dont know what kind of pain you have so i cant suggest anything

i just relised this thread is 3 years old LOL