I recently have been having alot of dental work done. As we all know this can be quite excruciating. On top of everything the dentist extracted the wrong tooth. I have been prescribed percocet for over a month now and now have come to realize that I am addicted. What can I do to ween myself off this medication and what kind of withdrawl syptoms should I expect? I am a recovering alcholic. I am scared to death!!!Please help me. :'( :'(

I had dental work done as well a few years back. Doc gave me Percocet.
After a few days i realized how much i liked them and took the whole script. When i was down to 3 or 4 pills left from the first script, i started to panic because there was no refills allowed. I called the Doc and made up stuff so that he would give me another refill. He gave me 10 more which i took in about 2 days. And by the way, i had no pain from the procedures at all. My friend was on the same thing due to shoulder surgery so i started on hers. Long story short, i just realized that i was addicted and knew that i could not afford to keep this up. Not only that, but our daughter is an addict, she is using heroin real bad. I just stopped, period. Everything ceased. I did have some withdrawls, a little shakey, couldn't sleep, real cranky, sort of thing similiar to quitting cigarettes. I wasn't on them that long and neither are you. A month is not a long time. You just need to stop taking them all together. You will have mild discomfort but it will pass in a week or so, mine did.

Your not going to feel like dying, if that's what your concerned about. Just stear away from morphine tablets. You can be on those for 2 weeks and feel like dying.

Some people write really strange stories. Dentist make serious mistakes. I didn't expect it all in America and the Uk as they claim to have excellent dentists and this stuff happens...? And then I am not surprised many people decide to fly to easter europe when they have a bit of money saved..

Yeah, I would agree with you. After hearing a lot of what you wrote about going to the dentist in Poland, I think it's a good idea since the facilities are so nice. Thanks for talking about it by the way :)

Have you seen the webpage of that clinic ? I wrote it somewhere above. It really changed my mind about eastern Europe.

I never really had any preconceived notions about Eastern Europe but I did check out a couple clinics. Even though it's farther for me living in the US, I am probably going to consider going. I think it might work out. Thanks for all your help with it!

No problem at all. I am going on holidays now and to have a check up with my dentist. Will let you know how it all went. Well, if you consider that - good for you.Good luck!

Thank you very much! Have fun on vacation and I can't wait to read your post on how it went. When do you get back from it?