This post is an extension of the

Symptoms of percocet withdrawals thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I read so many post from post 1, and some relate, and some are just nonsense, insults, or know-it-alls. I'm no pro on anything, but I was on oxycodone,roxy,percocets, whatever you call them for about 2 years, started off innocently, and I liked them, thats all she wrote. After that I got them through pain management,and friends and yep even bought them from strangers. YES, I knew this was all wrong! Now, I am trying so hard to get off. Its been 3 weeks, and I wont lie, I had some help from someone who got me suboxin (may not be spelled right). I took them for 9 days, each day alittle less. I had no withdrawl, felt great. Then, out of habit, sitting at my desk, the other day, I took two 10/325 oxycodones, realized it a few minutes later, "Sh_t", Oh well too late, I should have thrown them away. I had no more, so I figured them two can't hurt. Later that night, my back is hurting worse than it ever did, my legs are so freaking restless, I cannot stretch them enough. I'm so tierd, but I have to say the legs are the worse. I don't think this is just from them two pills, I think I'm still withdrawling from the start, it had just subsided and now started again. Does anyone know how d_m long this takes, Please Help! I cannot afford the treatment centers that offer help online, I checked they cost 4500-5000 dollars and insurance does not pay. I'm 50 years old, grand-mom to 5, and mother to 3, so I'm sure this hits anyone, even those who swear that it couldn't happen to them, and has decided that we are all weak people who are just making it hard for people who really need the drug to get them. I use to think like that when I started and even while I took them. Wait till ya try an quit! Anyone know how long this withdrawl will last????????

Well mom-mom. I am a mom too. My ex-husband took my custody of my child over a year ago (I have now gotten her back). I took all sorts of meds to help me thru the depression i.e. effexor. When I stopped taking effexor (cold turkey), I threw up for almost 2 weeks. Then one day I had a headache and my dad gave me a percocet. It made me feel so much better. I could (can) work better, think better, focus better....and best of all, the strain of the custody battle was so much easier. So I started taking 20-30 pills from dad a month. Then I decided to get more from other sources...Now the battle is over - the custody battle but I am left battling my stupidity and dependency of percocet. The worse part is that I am so embarrassed that I have done this to myself. I never thought I would do something so stupid. So I am here to tell you, it can happen to the most loving people with the good intentions. I just wanted to feel better. I am on day 2. No percs. I pray that I dont slip up cuz I am so done with this stuff.

I hav epeen taking oxy's for almost a year if not a little over. this past summer i had broke out in hives. I thought they were but\g bites fro weeding my garden. Oh btw. I have really bad bakc problems Iv'e hadbone scans mri, and xrays and it look like they can't find anything wrong this my bones. So know i have to wait till feb for an appointment with a pain management guy in a town 30-miles away. Anywhoo. I just found out today I am severly allergic to the oxycodone. I was up to the full 8 a day. It was the only thing that covers the pain. I have to small kids who I have to take care of. And i can't do that not being able to move my legs.

so I have to stop this drug cold turkey. now. or I will go into shock if I take any more. my whoel body it covered in hives/ blisters/ boils. I have asthma, so it is hard to tell if my trouble breathing is cause of the allergic reaction or the astma. I really need to know what to excpect. I know i didnt' spell $hit right but I'm kinda freeking out right now. My arms and chest look like I took razorblades and dug whoel in my body. all over. it's so horrible. All becasue of an allergic reaction.

Please help. Thank you. mother of 2 small children and SAHM

Please only offer me good advice and not critizism cause I don't need that right now.

fooffie637, I have heard of people having a hard time taking opiod type of medications. My daughter has this problem for a degenerate hip problem. She can't take anything stronger than tylenol. What I would recommend to you is to talk to your doctor and see about lowering your dose of oxy or trying a new pain drug like tramadol. It is similar to oxy but without the euphoric effects. I suffered a brain tumor 19 years ago and have tried numerous pain meds. The only one that worked was percocet. However, after 5 years of taking it, I worried about the acetaminophen harming my liver so I asked my doctor to just give me 5mg of oxy by itself. I've been taking this regiment of 40mg a day (8 a day) (she gives me 240 tabs a month). I have a phsical and mental addiction to it but that is to be expected. I also get morphine 15mg for break-through pain. I know a would be in terrible pain if I didn't take this stuff but I have no choice. There has been times where I ran out for a week and the withdrawals are terrible (excessive yawning, goose bumbs, hot & cold flashes and the runs). I am a VA disabled vet so at least my meds are free and I get it like clock work every month. So, talk to your doc about trying another med or lowering your dose. Nobody should live in pain like you or I!

Hi, I have been reading these replys for an hour. Today I was out of town and without my prescription 10/325 percs. I am suppose to take 6 per day but always end up short at the end of the month. Well, today I had terrible withdrawls, restless leg, hot and cold, shivers,
yawning, watery eyes, the whole ball of wax. When I got home, I took 30mg right off the bat, then a couple of hours (now) took 20 mg.
I am in chronic pain. I have several bulging discs and I have Fibromalgia. I wake up every morning and its hard to take the first few steps. I believe all of my problems started as a blackjack dealer and the repetative motion. In any case, I turn 50 in December and i told my Doc, that I wanted to be off of these as a goal. He is all for that of course. I simply don't know what I will do for the pain. i have been taking these for at least 4 years. (had to quit my job 2 years ago because of pain) Lately, I have withdrawl symtoms when I wake up because usually the last pill I took was at least 8 hours before. I have had injections, didn't help, gave me bad side effects, I have gone to physical therapy several different times. Nuero muscular therapy helped the best, but not covered by insurance. I have no kids, and I have a loving husband and I want to stop taking these pills. I especially don't want to have another day like today. Do you think my doctor would be in favor of prescribing the subtonex (speling?) or something to help me? I am embarressed to ask. At this moment even after taking 50 mg of percoset in the last 4 hours, my neck and upperback hurt. I cant handle anti inflamatories, they mess up my stomach as I have esophogitis and acid reflux. I have tried numerous medications, I have a whole slew of them in my bathroom closet. It is not like I take anything I get my hands on, most of those prescriptions in my bathroom are full (muscle relaxers, celebrex, mobic, tramadol, opana etc.) Percocet just works the best for me. (although its potency seems to work less and less - sometimes I wonder if the generic form is really what it is suppose to be) And I recently had braces put on my teeth and they have been a godsend. I don't know if I have a high tolerance to pain or no tolerance?? anyway, from what I can gather from these posts and this is a first for me, withdrawls take at least 7 days. I think it will be worth it to get my old self back again. Thanks for all of you out there hoping & coping! dont' beat your self up like I do, ask for help from your angels, that is what they are there for! I was also wondering if anyone has experience really bad memory problems?? I forget lots of things and conversations.?? thanks for your input, God Bless!

I Really wish someone with Percocet withdrawl experience would comment on this page. The ten million dollar question of what to expect from stopping this devils drug really hasnt been answered clearly. I myself and others are really looking for more specific answers.

I have been thru and am going thru the dreaded perc withdrawls.Depending on your dosage will depend on how quickly the withdrawls start. I have the usuall runny nose,watery eye's,severe muscle cramp's,bathroom every minute or it seems that way,the sensation that something is crawling in your leg's or u can't stretch them enough,insomnea really bad, throwing up etc. Now there r way's to curb these symptom's at home but short of gettin on methadone or suboxin which personally I don't recommend there is no way not to feel some pain which is a good thing you need to be reminded on how u have (and me) f***** up our body's and lives. Get some immodium ad this help's with the bathroom deal also with the physical withdrawls somewhat as it has 1 or 2mg of an opiate in it but only take it when the physical withdrawls get real bad and just so you no it doesn't pass the blood brain barrier so it will do no good for the mental part I forgot to mention the fact u will be a blubbering id**t mind raceing etc. If u can get ahold of a few xanax ONLY A FEW this will help with that and the restless leg stuff.Take hot shower's,EAT! it's a must,drink water and gatorade all the time,if u can talk to someone that really helps and try and distract yourself it will be hard but I have done it many time's and it can be done right now I am commin off of 15mg perc's 10 to 15 a day and last month I got off of the OC's.
Good Luck God Bless have faith you can do it!!!!!!

My wife had back surgery 2 years ago and has been every type of pain med there is...but she does not really take them only when she is in masvie pain. she has 6 screws in her back. she decided to smoke pot instead of taking the pills. well I Have no health insurance and of course what happens if i go the ER or the Doctors I just use my wifes pain meds. I have cervical cancer and I have also have kidney problems. I relaize taking the pain meds its not a good idea for the kidney problems cause it can make it worse but it helps. And when I dont have the percocet its a good week till im ok. I dont enjoy taking them at all it sucks. but I have gone days without and the pain has been so severe I have ended up in the ER. I have night sweats and insomina and the fevers if I dont take them. its alot worse with the Vics. Im really trying to ween my self off of the pain killers and try something else. the only thing I can say is take it one day at a time and hang in there. if it gets to bad just talk to your doctor if they are understanding then maybe they can help u out.

I'm sorry to hear that she's been in so much pain but I think that you've posted exactly the kind of support someone would need. You really need to make sure that you're just tenacious. That's the key to beating any addiction. What do you think?

I recently went off percocet, since last Saturday to be exact. Here are the withdrawal symptoms I am having.

1. Severe dizziness and lightheadedness. The dizzy spells are intense and it feels like my head is going to fall off.

2. Horrible dreams to the point that I think someone is in my room at night. Last night I woke up after dreaming a friend of mine was standing at my bedroom door and I was screaming for my brother, who passed away years ago, to help me kill her. My poor little dog came up to me and laid his head on my neck and comforted me. He stayed there for the longest time until I was okay. He even know that something terrible is wrong.

3. I am unable to sleep and am experiencing aches and pains all over. Some seem flu-like and the rest are worse than that. Stretching has helped but now with being dizzy I don't dare put my head up and down.

I was taking this medication for bone pain from Nulasta shots when I had chemotherapy about 2 years ago. It helped so much with my other problems that I just continued to take it. Prior to that I was on a pain management program and taking milder pain meds like Tylenol and Codeine or Vicoden. I also have back problems and fibromyalgia but felt that it was time to try and get off the heavier meds. I am still taking Lyrica for fibromyalgia, amitryptaline, sometimes I am taking my trazadone for sleep but went off that within the past few weeks as well.

The reason I am trying to get off these meds is because I am taking classes and studying on all of this is hard. It is almost impossible to retain the bulk of the information and taking me twice as long to read assignments and do homework than it would have in the past. I don't suggest my method because I am now reconsidering and thinking about going to the doctor and talking about a more structured path to withdrawal.

I don't know if these are the 'normal' symptoms of withdrawal from this medication but plan on checking it out on If anyone else has better suggestions please let me know.

to: fooffie637... Wow that is really intense & I am so sorry to hear you are going thru such a terrible experience. I would certainly try to take something for the reaction like Benedryl (sorry if i spelled it wrong) You seriously need to get that under control. If you have to stop the pain meds than you have no choice but to stop but if you have been on them for awhile than you probably need to be in a detox facility?? That is just my opinion... I too am considering going in the very near future. I do hope you get better really soon & if you have to take something for pain there are other options you will just have to discuss those with your doctor. Good luck & God Bless & I hope & pray this gets better for you real soon =] Stay strong!!!

Hi folks, The home remedies for opiate with drawl has some good info in it. I am on day 3 today, Wed morning was my last pill. No matter what you are in for a rough time, WD from opiates is a painful process, but it is worth it, has got to be :) Prepare yourself, is my best advice. Plan for it, set up a private space, plan to miss work, make what ever excuse you need to, to let people know to not bother you for the next week or so (depends on the severity of your addiction) 1.) Taper off. 2.) Have friends or family or anyone that can help you through it. 3.) Fruits, bananas apples, etc. 4.) Plenty of water, fruit juices etc. handy. 5.) A place where you can deal with this, without distractions. Plenty of soothing music, books, movies, anything to try and occupy your mind and distract you from the cravings. 6.) The cough medicine can help, the runny nose and watery eyes etc. can be mitigated with some over the counter stuff, Advil, Tylenol, etc. The idea here is to have it readily available when you need it and not have to stress out on trying to go out and get it. 7.) Sleep, something for sleep. Ambien if you can get it, OC stuff, or natural herbs if not. Anything to help you sleep. The more sleep you can get, the less painful this will be. 8.) Kratom. This is the first time I have tried this and can say it softens a LOT of the symptoms, but I will caution to not use this as a substitute for a high, this is strictly to help with the WD. 9.) Know that it does end. The first 24-48 hours are the hardest, but it does stop, and you can beat it.

Suboxone has a half life that can last as long as 48 hours. In other words the reason you where feeling fine was that the Suboxone was taking the withdrawal away. Also Suboxone has Naloxone in it that blocks the use of opioids. So, I am only guessing that you are now going though withdrawal? The hardest part is about 3 days and it starts to get less as time goes on. How much where you taking! I will tell you that there is good new; that you have only been using for 2 years. I just got done with 8 years of oxies and I am in my mid 50's. I have used Suboxone 3 different time and am not crazy about it, I will be honest. Take lots of hot baths and ride it out. I am on my 30 something day and it does get better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help? Joshua

I agree, use Kratom to beat WD's not to find a new high. Kratom isn't that good of a time, but it does work to mellow/make tolerable the WD's.