Hi there,
I am trying to withdrawal from percocet but as you know the withdrawal symptoms are terrible. Is there anything I can buy over the counter that would help some until I get through this period? thanks

Not really, but I seem to get a little help with the body aches from 2 Aleve.

Hello everyone. I have been on percocet 10/235 for about 3-4 years now. I just recently went through the worst 6-7 days of my life when i ran out of my script early. I actually stayed in bed for that long without eating or drinking hardly anything because I felt so bad from the withdrawls. I had all the symptoms including diarreah nausea, and cold and hot sweats... etc...Well, what I ended up doing is getting through cold turkey until I got my prescription again on tuesday. Now when I take my pills, I feel horrible. dizzy, and fast heart beat. I am still feeling like c**p. I cant sleep at night. Its almost like my body is rejecting them, but I need them for the horrible pain i go through daily due to a bone disease, and osteoperosis. i also have r. arthritis. can anyone tell me what the problem night be? why i feel like this? I would really appreciate any comments or help on this subject. thanks, Cher in lakeland florida

Infrared saunas are really helpful when detoxing. its all about sweating it out. think about when we get sick, what do we do? sweat it out or die. Thankfully, the infrared saunas are safe, but i crank it up to 10 for an hour to really punish myself for being such a weak bastard! Ive been taking 8-10 heavy mgs for at least two years. Wow! It went so fast. I actually enjoyed most of that time. The darn problem with vicodin is that you can funtion, and sometimes better then when your not taking them. But we all know thats a lie! Its bs! These drugs are useless! And they will kill you in one way or another! But i digress. My best advice for anyone trying to get off this c**p is drink water, water, water, and then try to sleep and rest.

If any doctors are reading this, stop believing the BS patients are telling you. Unless your a drug dealer then keep up the good work. MB. ;-)

I was prescribed percocet for pain after anterior cervical fusion---I took them at night right before bed so I could sleep. I can't imagine taking them during the day--I would never be awake!!! With that said, how does one become addicted?

I think it's important for you to realize that if you are going to try to quit something like this you cannot quit without some sort of help. Or at least tapering off for that matter. Your body is physically addicted to this and you can have some serious complications so if you are planning on quitting something like this then you should seek out professional help. Please keep us posted on your recovery!

i have taken 3-4 percs a day. 1+1/2yrs now it is5-6 for the last4 months. I decided to quit no problems except they just didn't make me feel good anymore. I went from 6 to 1+1/2 . The first 6 days I would pray to not wake up. Now day 14 I'm feeling almost normal working out work but still have the small pieces every 6-8hrs. Is this ever going to go away. I also have plenty in my office I won't touch . Will it ever go away for good

Cherilakeland hit it RIGHT on the dot. HOLY c**p. It was the same with me...percocet regiment for 3 years and missed getting my scrip by a week. I was sick as a dog. I thought it was a cold. She nailed everything VERBATIM..all the way down to the arms, legs and even shower. I'm only 43 but my body hurts to no end... everywhere. Back surgery, tendons pulling off bones and trying to calcify, and avoiding 2-3 more surgeries on my elbows and shoulders. I have been the gambit on pain meds..you name it, they have tried it on me. I hate the drugged out feeling and I have to travel for a living so I can't just show up to an appt slow and drugged. Perc's were the answer for me. They worked 100% for my pain and even my depression. But when that one week came where I ran out, I thought,.. no big deal, I'll eat some CBD's and triple my acetamen. Yeah right. My body went into withdrawls, but it took me 2 days to figure out what was going on. I'm due to get my script next week and will be tapering myself off this" too good to be true" drug.  I HONESTLY had ZERO idea my body was addicted until the withdraw came.  And yikes folks, the withdraw does suck badly. If you think your body hurt before, just wait. But there is no way in hell I'm going to allow this to continue.  After reading the above threads, I realize I slowly became addicted with me even knowing!!! An addiction is a weakness. Stay tough. It might take some time, and you might even slip back a few times, but don't give in.