I have been taking percocet regularlly for a painful condition that I have. The last few months I have noticed that my regular dose of 1-2 pills every 4 hours isn't working any more. I would normally not take anymore than 3 a day. Lately I have been taking up to 6 a day and I realized that I must stop. The pills are not working for the pain, and I need them just to do basic things. I have been off the pills now for 4 days, and I haven't been able to work, sleep or do much of anything. I have tons of pain through my whole body (not my normal pain) and lots of flu like symptoms. I am wondering if I should have slowly gone off the pills, instead of just stopping all together. How long will this last for, and if I can have someone hand out smaller doses to me is this better? Any help would be great.

hello, im in the same situation as you are in. I have been talking percocet for about 1-2 years now. At first I was taking them for the buzz,but know im dependent on them. can't sleep an do anything when not on them. I am still really young 19 years of age an pretty much tryed everything to get off of them. I went to my doctor to try to wein off of them. but i find me doing even more just because they are there. i would talk to your doctor an ask him for an alternitive instead of still taking percocet.