I figured out that these things are just symptoms of my anxiety, right? I have been suffering from anxiety for almost two years now, I am not counting anymore, I am just calling it constant anxiety now. These symptoms are kind of new to me, I didn't have these before, this humming sound in my head and these brain zaps. I mean, I had brain zaps before but not this often, I think everyone has brain zaps, at least once a day or something like that. Did anyone here maybe have the same problem, does anyone know how to make these things stop?

Are you sure that it is a humming sound that you hear, could it maybe be something more like ringing? I never heard about people hearing humming sound but if it is ringing that you hear, you might be suffering from tinnitus. You might want to talk to your doctor about this. Also, brain zaps are kind of normal for people who are suffering from anxiety but not too often. If it is happening way too often there might be something wrong with your brain and you might want to check that one out as well, I supposed you have to visit your doctor.

No, it's not ringing, I basically had the same idea as you since I know that anxiety can cause tinnitus and hypersensitivity to sound but it's not it, this is more like a humming sound, there is no better way to describe it. 

Well, I guess I will go to the doctor, I was just hoping that someone might have some simple solution for this so that I won't have to go to the doctor but whatever, if I have to go, I'll go. I am not so worried about these brain zaps since I know that these are more or less common in people suffering from anxiety.

I'm sorry for not being of much help but I never really heard of anyone having this humming sound in their heads. All I know about is this ringing thing. You can wait, maybe someone else around here might have more info regarding this matter, maybe someone experienced the same thing as you did. But when I think about it, it might be better anyway to go and talk to your doctor, it doesn't cost you anything (right?) and it can only be good for you. If you find out what this humming sound is, I would like to know, please.

Hm, I also have heard just for ringing, not for humming. I am not an expert, of course, but that only can make me believe that this humming thing can definitely be one of anxiety symptom that is less rare than any others that I know, but it also seems to be coming from the center of your head rather than your ears. So, this humming can occur rarely, can occur frequently, or persist indefinitely. That probably means that you can hear more sounds at the same time, I don't know. That is just lucky guess and something that I believe according to your post.

Hi. You are not the only one who has those types of so - called attacks. Maybe a lot of people don't believe it or it sounds weird to them, but humming sound in head just like brain zaps can be one of the signs of anxiety. I know that there is a little percentage of the people who feel it, but just because they are in minority, that doesn't have to mean that they don't exist. Anyway, I think that those symptoms are treated exactly at the same way like any other symptom. I am sure that your doctor will be able to tell you what exactly the problem is and what is the best that you can do to cope with it. Good luck there!

We are talking about some buzzing sounds, right?

Because I still believe that humming and buzzing sounds are the same thing. Anyway, as you already know anxiety is definitely very complicated and hard to understand. Humming can be a symptom of anxiety. Feeling more "aware" of feelings and sounds can also be caused by anxiety for sure.

But the problem is because this humming sound sometimes is very hard to explain, so a lot of people are confusing it with different type of sounds. If you want to know what is causing those sounds, I have to disappoint you - I really don't know. Also, I think that doctors don't have answer on this question as well. 

I know that a lot of people find it weird, but humming sounds in head and brain zaps can be a result of anxiety. I had problems with it and even when I was talking about this with my doctor he told me that those must be some ringing sounds. When I told him that this is not what I feel, he was really confused telling me that he didn't have cases when people told him about it.

So, it is possible that people don't trust you when you say your symptoms. Also, you can treat it at exactly the same way like you treat any other anxiety symptoms.