hello, I am a 32 years old female and I have been suffering from buzzing sensation in the head for over 3 months now. I also feel a flickering all over my body ( back, legs, arms) but mostly in the head. I have seen a nuerologist, MRI,MRA,MRV, results are normal. I was also reffered to an ENT because before all these symtoms started 4 months ago I had a nasal congestion and when I tried to blow the mucus out, I became very dizzy, felt like the wall was spinning for a few seconds. Since then I had foggy vision for 2 months. My vision eventually better after a few months but the buzzing sensation in my head has not gone away. feels like its gotten worst because now I also have flickering and pulsing sensation all over my body mostly in my head. I have seen almost all type of specialist but cant seem to find whats causing the problem. The back of my neck has been hurting also and I do hear a sound more like a sizzling sound, not sure if its coming from neck, throat or ear but these feeling are very disturbing. I feel like I had developed anxiety because its been going on for a while now and still cannot rule out whats causing it. Please help if you have an idea, thank you in advance!

Hi

Have you heard about SCDS? Do you maybe think you have similar symptoms..... look at my webpage.

groups.msn.com/SCD

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I have also had a buzzing sensation in my head for the past six years. The only thing that has helped is zoloft, it actually takes it away, the problem is if I try and go off the zoloft it comes back.

I have had buzzing in my head for about a month. It is not bad in the morning, but as the day progresses, it gets louder. I have a history of sinus problems. Could this be related to the sinuses?

did you solve your buzzing problem yet? this happened to me and I successfully solved it. let me know if you need any help with this.
JR

Reply to guest post 08/24/08

This just started happening to me a couple of days ago. I think it's stress related. What's your solution?

I would love to hear about any solutions anyone has to this problem. I have recently started having the same problem of the buzzing in the head. It almost feels like electricity bouncing from side to side in your head. If there is a sudden movement around me, I get the buzzing. Or, if I move my eyes a certain way I get the buzz. Sometimes I really don't have to do anything. Right now, I'm typing and my head is buzzing. If I stand up, my head will buzz so it's hard to get my balance. I do suffer from migraine headaches and am working with my neurologist on this problem. He believes me when I tell him about this problem and tells me the problem with neurological problems is that there are noises that occur and they are just hard to describe. I've had an MRI and MRA every year for the past three years and I expect another one coming up due to this new buzzing. My migraine meds used to help them but they don't anymore. I am having the buzzing at all hours of the day and night. Last night it was all night and now I'll have it all day. I don't know what it will take for it to go away. It will last for days and then stop for maybe a week or so and then come back.

I was taking 150mg of Topomax 2x a day along with 120mg of Cymbalta 1x as a treatment for migraines. But now that the buzzing has started, my doctor feels it's time to stop the Topomax and Cymbalta and look into other treatments for the migraines.

So, for others out there having the same buzzing issues, is it the meds that cause this problem. Could it be something else? Should I be worried...because I am really starting to get scared. If anyone has advice, I'd like to hear it. PLEASE!

I too have had buzzing for 9 years. I was given celexa and it was made worse and I discontinued that right away. However, recently, I went online to find something else to help another problem and it was Omega 3 fatty acid capsules and 1000 mg. of Vitamin C. I started taking it and What a difference! NO buzz now for 3 days. It is so so strange not having it and a big relief. I am not sure if this was the answer but it is the only thing that is making a difference and I am sleeping a little better.

It is so comforting to hear other people talk about a problem I was sure no one else had. It doesn't sound like any of you are dying so looks like I learn to deal with it. That's better than everyone thinking I'm crazy.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I have basically the same symptoms, although I think that I explain it different. first, my ears started a buzzing sound, it did not last long and it is on and off. now when I swallow or yawn its like "crunching" . To add there are times when there are "fluttering" sensation in the ears lasting for hours, or days. However most annoying is that the dizziness is constant, almost like living in a dream, this is all day everyday. Right, the mornings are not as bad as the progression of the day. The dizziness is like fun house effect and lasts all day everyday, sometimes its worse than others, and I do on occasion have strong spinning, but not very often. The spinning does not happen after sudden movement. The only thing that helps me is getting a good nights rest and focusing on something, I think it helps me forget that its happening, because when I look up...its stronger sensation. Now I dont know if this is making me nervous to the point that I feel like I am going to have a heart attack, but the feeling is driving me crazy and I really do sometimes think I am just going to black out. Its like a numness to my body, not fluttering, but like my muscles are tense (it basically makes me feel uneasy) it makes me very nervous. I have been to the emergency room, have MRA, MRI taken antibiotics, had an ekg, blood tests everything under the sun but noone can figure out what it is. I am 34 years old. this has been going on for about 2 full years, every single day. would this explain what you have?

I've had this problem too for about two years. I'm 37 years old. I've seen a neurologist, ENT, allergist, ect. So far, it seems to be related to allergies and food sensitivities. My guess, and it's just m y guess because the drs don't know, is that the allergies and sensitivities make me swell, causing anything that makes a wave (light, sound, electronics, the microwave, etc) to vibrate the swelling, especially in my ears. Right now, I'm in a small house, and the sound of the dishwasher, dryer, and air conditioner makes it really hard to be on the laptop. I also have the brain fog, and I used to have the dizziness. I started on a four day rotation diet for the sensitivities, gave up soap and started using a cream skin cleanser. Using veramyst works some, as long as I angle the nozzle straight back against my Eustachian tubes. It seems that it's my ears that's causing the issue. Maybe like the waves are fluttering my eardrums? Maybe that the swelling is distorting it just enough to where constant low lying sounds are awful. I can watch tv, but not if the background score is constant. The sound of water running is horrible. Eventually, it just all makes my eyes hurt and everything hurts. Taking allegra helps for the dust allergy, but it doesn't help for the other things that make me swell up. Earplug work well, unless I am swollen and then the plugs hurt, or unless there's something on the earplugs that cause my ears to swell (conditioner, foam rubber, etc). Also, in the beginning I had oral galvanization, which was where the different metals in my mouth were creating a battery effect (like chewing on tin foil), causing a very slight vibration that I didn't pick up on, but my ears did. Having the metal removed helped a ton. In the beginning I tried to get away from everything that caused vibrations (other people's cell phones, anything that created radio frequencies - nearly impossible). But later I figured it was easier to determine what was causing me to react to the waves. So I focused on what was making me swell. All this has been trial and error for me. Absolutely horrible experience. People think I'm nuts. One major problem is that being already swollen makes you vulnerable to other sensitivities. Like poking a bruise. You aren't strong enough to weather the acidity of an orange anymore, when before your body could handle it just fine. Instead of one thing, its everything. For me, figuring out my food sensitivities made me de-swell enough so that I could tell when something else swelled me. That's how I figured out it was soap that was causing a reaction. Is it the source? No idea. The good thing is that sensitivities can change. You can desensitize, it just takes a while.

Guest wrote:

I wonder if the buzzing in your head could be related to your pineal gland. Does the buzzing feel like it's coming from the center of your head? From what you've said, it seems like that could be likely, especially if it feels like electricity bouncing in your head. The pineal gland has been adorned throughout history, mostly from a religious standpoint (and by religious i just mean belief/connection with the divine/God). I've had a lot of stress in my life lately, and I've needed somewhere to turn to feel like I'm on the right path. I looked into Taoism and have been studying Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tzu. (you can read this online, just google "tao te ching" https://www.steadyhealth.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=713232) personally, i feel like this book has helped me understand a lot about myself, and a lot about the world around me, by means of understanding myself. honestly i've been trying to get a lot of my friends and family to read it too. I don't think you're crazy at all; maybe you have a special gift. the essense of what i understand reiterates the power and balance of the forces of yin and yang; and how we can't just keep creating division within our own lives and viewing opposites as opposing forces, because really, you couldn't have one without the other. for example, Tao Te Ching says 'as soon as the world regards something as beautiful, ugliness becomes apparent. As soon as the world regards something as good, other things become evil.' Everything has qualities of either or both yin and yang; Earth is the great yang, and heaven is the great yin.
I know that if i had a buzzing in my head, i would want to sit still and meditate, just empty my mind. sorry that western technology and medicine isn't helping you; perhaps you can fix your problem more easily than you thought, with out pharmaceuticals, because after all, in the end, you will have to make some effort and be the one to fix your problem, because no advice given by a specialist will cure you magically without you following it.

The Tao is like a bellows:
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
The more you use it, the more it produces;
the more you talk of it, the less you understand.
Hold on to the center.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.
Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

She who is centered in the Tao
can go where she wishes, without danger.
She perceives the universal harmony,
even amid great pain,
because she has found peace in her heart.

Stop thinking, and end your problems.

tell Quetzalcoatl i said hello

one thing i forgot-
Don't search the world looking for what is only found within.
Many different pursuits in different directions lead to exhaustion.

Is there a name for this? I've been doing some research online and haven't been able to find anything. The buzzing in my head has been going on for about 8 months now. I learn to tolerate it. It's not severe enough to distract me from my day, although sometimes it'll be incredibly loud but only for a minute or so and then fades away. And it never occurred to me that it might have some connection with my congestion until I've read other people having similar symptoms. I'm not sure if my age matters at all but I'm 19 and hoping it's not uncommon to happen to folk around my age. Please let me know any information you have because I am very worried.
Thanks a bundle,

-David.