Hi there. I was wondering do you know what is the connection between anxiety and ringing in ears (tinnitus)? My friend told me that there is a big connection in between but I have never heard about this before, to be honest to you.

I have anxiety and I never had those weird ringing in my ears. He is my friend who I meet at the therapy and he told me that he has this constant ringing in ears.

Why is that? What is different between us? Why he has those and I don't? It is not that I am complaining, I am just being curious?

Tnx!

I don't know PaEel, I don't think that even scientists know why exactly does anxiety cause this, they just know that it can be caused by anxiety. 

I am assuming that this all starts with hyper sensitivity. People with anxiety tend to become hyper sensitive to sounds because it annoys them too much I assume, so therefore it is easier to get stuck with tinnitus once you start being hyper sensitive to sound. Do you know that Tinnitus can actually be dangerous? I would suggest that you go and talk to your doctor and tell him what's happening, you know, just in case.

When you are experiencing something for quite some time, sometimes you can get stuck with the feeling of these things occurring again when they are not. I think it goes the same with anxiety and Tinnitus. Most of the things, most of the sounds make you nervous because you don't really like them, so I am guessing that they all seem to you just like ringing in your ears, annoying. Therefore after some time of being sensitive to all sorts of sounds you are likely to end suffering from Tinnitus. (Sometimes it could also be something stuck in your ear, it is worth checking with the doctor)

Hi there guys. I also was reading a lot about this because it really makes me wonder what the main connection is. Ringing in ears can be symptom of many things. But it is also one of the symptoms when it comes to anxiety. I do know that a lot of people are scared about this, but ringing ears is rarely dangerous, almost never, but that doesn't mean that you should leave it like it is. But often this noise is caused by nothing more than stress and anxiety. Like in everything when it comes to your health, you should know that if this becomes your majority problem than you definitely should see the doctor.

It is simply that way, I don't know how to explain it to you, there is not like a right explanation, there is no evidence, there are no researches done about this matter so it is still unknown. But yes, tinnitus is in most cases caused by stress and anxiety, I think that if it is not caused by stress or anxiety, then it is probably dangerous and it should be immediately checked out. I have no idea how this looks like, being stuck with some sort of ringing in your ears but I assume that it would be fun to experience.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to treat Tinnitus. My cousin has recently been complaining on this ringing that she is hearing but nobody really thought about Tinnitus, I mean, I just found out about it reading your posts so I assume that she is suffering from it (and I think that she has anxiety as well). How could one possibly treat this since it is caused by anxiety, maybe medications? Is there anything else that could have caused her tinnitus, maybe it is not anxiety, if it something else, it should be way easier to treat, am I right?

Hi guys. Thank you for making this clear for me, I think that I understand this a bit more. Not all, but something that I need to understand, I do. Well, I was at restaurant with my friend today and he told me that his ringing in ears last night was really bad. What can even cause this to be so strong? What is the best cure for it? How to treat tinnitus in first place? I really want to help my friend and of course I want to know more about this if this happens to me, and I really hope that this won't happen to me. I was reading a little bit about this and I have found the information that some doctors doesn't even know how to cure it. Is this true?

Hello.

Interesting question on how to treat it. There are several ways to treat it. I am glad that you asked this. To treat your tinnitus problems, your doctor first needs to identify are there any underlying, treatable condition that may be associated with symptoms that you have. When your doctor discovers the cause, he will take some steps together with you to reduce that noise.

He can also give you some antidepressants, but look - you should know that drugs actually can't cure tinnitus problems, but in some cases they may help reduce the severity of symptoms or complications.