My problems has been constant since Noember 05. In left ear only...It,s a motor type sound, not ringing,worst at nite and lately it's causing the viens on the same to swell and cause me a lot of neck pain and headaches.
What can be causing this?

Did this go away or did you get a diagnosis

Did you get a diagnosis or did the sound go away?

This all sounds like tinnitus to me. Tinnitus is not just ringing in the ear it is also swishing sound in the ear, and I think that this is the problem that you are having. In not so many cases tinnitus can get complicated and cause more pain in the head aria. Do you have problems with ear wax or maybe there is a change that some foreign body got stuck in your ear? In many cases tinnitus is caused by infection of the ear. Tinnitus is kind of disorder that tends to go away on its own. Some doctors even prescribe some medication but I am not sure that there is specific pill for tinnitus.

Good luck,
Danella