Hi, last week I injured my leg, and it still hurts badly. My aunt is a nurse and she told me to buy hydrocodone, because it releases the pain. Has anyone used this drug before? What are the side effects, if there are any?

Hello. I am using hydrocodone every time I’m in pain. I like this medicine because it is an effective analgesic for mild to moderate pain control. It is often made in combination with aspirin and certain antihistamines, so if you are allergic to those drugs, be careful! If you are not tolerant to opiates, you shouldn’t take more than 40 milligrams a day. You can use it with or without food, but having alcohol drinks while you’re using hydrocodone is not recomanded. Common side effects are dizziness, nausea and sedation, and less common are allergic reactions, mental cloudiness, anxiety and irregular breathing. It’s important to know, that hydrocodone can be habit-forming, and can lead to addiction. However, I think you should visit a doctor before using any drugs, because there could be a better tretmant for you.