I am a male and I have a bump below my tail bone and above my anus. It started to hurt about 3-4 days ago and it is almost unbearable. It hurts to sit, sit quickly, stand quickly, run fast, walk, lie down, even if I am not sitting on my bottom it still often throbs with pain.

It is a sensitive bump. It is about the size of a dime if that. There is no puss or oozing.

It has gotten mildly better since the first night I was experiencing the pain, the first night was so bad I could not sleep and had to stay up. I may have been able to fall asleep easier the past few nights because I took a Tylenol.

After I stay sitting for a while it usually doesn't hurt but any movement hurts quite badly.

To sum up it basically hurts when my butt muscles are clenched.

PS: I THINK its a bump, it is kinda hard to tell.

I have the same thing i think!?!

Did it go away?

Hi there.

I have something similar to you as well. I am in my mid thirties and have had a sensitive tailbone for a few years now. About a year ago I found a small bump near my tail bone; got concerned and went to my doctor. He said that as long as it wasn't attached to the bone and that it wasn't working its way to the surface of my skin becoming a cyst all should be fine. I recently went on a long trip to South Africa which required me to sit on a plane for several hours...suffice to say it was painful and didn't make my flight very comfortable. I am subsequently returning to the doctor to see if I can have it removed.

Other than the above two points my doctor mentioned to me, I wouldn't worry too much but would go have it checked out to see what they can do for you.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. 8-|

Cheers and good luck!

Yeah I'm 16 I had the same thing and now it's just gone away out of the blue no pain or noffing?