This morning I woke up with pain so I went to bathroom to check it. I discovered I had a bump below tailbone, next to anus about the size of a quarter. It is not red, and actually just a speck of a dark blue. I wonder if that might be hemorrhoid, because I have never had them before so I don’t know. What this bump below tailbone means, can anyone tell me?

It is difficult to answer you without an examination. I would recommend you to follow this up with your personal physician who with examination can appropriately treat your bump under tailbone. He will probably use anoscope if that is necessary but he will tell you for sure what it means. If this bump is determined to be an abscess, it will probably need to be drained. All I can say to you is that benign anorectal diseases are common. Here are included fissures, abscesses, fistulas, hemorrhoids, and bumps under tailbone too. Prevalence of specific disorders is difficult to estimate since almost any anorectal discomfort is often attributed to symptomatic hemorrhoids. You should not waste too much time, but make appointment with your doctor. Whatever that bump under tailbone is, probably is treatable. As sooner you start with treatment, you will be better.

Did you ever get a diagnosis? What did they do to treat it?