I have a very tender bump on my tailbone. I didn’t fell or anything similar that could cause this bump. I would like you to help me diagnose this bump on my tailbone or at least share your experience with me!

Hey there,
I am afraid I cannot diagnose this bump, but can tell you something form my experience. I also never fell on my tailbone (as did once my friend and could lie or stand for a month, she said it hurts like hell), but I woke up one day with strange feeling on my but. When I touch it, there was a bump on the area where tailbone is. This didn’t hurt me that much, it was tender to touch though, but it was very annoying knowing that there is a bump on your ass. One week passed and nothing happened, so I decided to go to my doctor and show her that thing.
She sent me to surgeon that opened the bump and drained the liquid. The procedure took place in hospital and I was released after second day. And it didn’t hurt me or anything … The only thing that is still worrying me is, that doctor told me that this bump could come back … it didn’t yet and hopefully it never will.
Well, this is my experience with bumps on tailbone … I sincerely suggest you go visit your doctor and see what happens next.
Regards!

Why can't they fix it.
It has hurt me for 13 years.

Im 15 and i currently have this 'bump on my tailbone thing" and like ive had it drained twice in the last year. and its come back 4 or 5 times.
My mom took me to the walk in clinic and the person said that i would soon have tot go into sergury and get it removed permently. Apperently you are born with this and that riding in jeeps and stuff liek that can flare it up. I think the doctor called this bump a pilonidal sinus. ive been home from school for 2 weeks now lol

I'm 17 and I started off with 1 bump on my tailbone which came out of nowhere like 7 months ago and then another bump appeared about 2 months ago above the first. I have left these bumps alone to see if they will heal and dissapear by themselves but that is not happening. Blood keeps pouring out of the bumps and whenever i sit down it hurts alot. I can't go see a doctor because my family is not very wealthy so i cant afford it. I really want these to dissapear, does anyone have a idea of how to get rid of them?

That is correct, it is a pilonidal cyst. I had mine out in 1970 and it never returned. It is an ingrown hair that a cyst forms around. Very painful, but surgery worked for me.

Hey, I have had this thing removed by a surgeon 4 times and guess what its back again. To the guy who cant go see a doctor, i know it costs a lot but do go if you can, these things can be very nasty. the last one i had in a matter of weeks it went from bad to very very bad. I could hardly walk and i was being treated with drugs for it at the time. In my experience there is no way for telling how its ging to go. Ive tried the antibiotic route every time but they never worked, of course im hoping to avoide surgery but if that is what i need in the end then so be it, i know how painful it can be and im not prepared to suffer with it, its simply not worth it.

i have just been reading your post and my mother in law, husband and daughter suffered with the same problem.when my mother in law found this lump they said it was a peri anal abscess she had it drained for years and it kept comin back.my husband was the same he had surgery to have it removed completely and hes been fine .my daughter has just had the pain and it comes and goes hopefully she will be ok .hope this has helped

I also have this bump, ive had it since I was about 16ish... I cant really remember. its not the cyst around the hair one, there is a different one. my sister has the same thing that I do. if you leave it alone it will eventually drain on its own. But the pain can be to much for some people to stand. the best thing is always to go to your doctor and get a proper diagnosis. the one that my sister and I have, can be removed. But there is no garantee that it wont come back. So instead of getting it removed I just deal with the pain.

Hey,
I've got a lump on my tailbone like, im guessing its more of a cyst, i've had several subascious cysts on my pubic area, however this cyst on my tail bone is more painfull, and around 3/4 x the size.

I'd say the best treatment for anyone is to give 48hours if its bare-able, and if not, see a doctor it maybe a simple procedure there and then, maybe it wont be and you'll have surgery, but hey, i'd like be able to lye down compfortably...

Hey

im 18 years old and have had a really sore lump on my tailbone for about a week now. it didnt hurt to begin with but in the last few days has become so painful its uncomfortable to sit and walk and it is begining to get to the point of where i want to scream! i have work and other commitments and because it is hurting so much and i dont get much sleep i am gettin slack and always making mistakes. i am too embarressed to tell anyone that i have it as i dont live with family or anything and im afraid of what my friends wil say. i will try all the things youz have said.. thankyou for all the help and ill see how it goes. im so glad that its (MIGHT BE) something so simple. i was freaking out thinking it was cancer or a growth or something because it was so so painful. lets hope its not. well thanks again everyone. You have all been lifesavers.

Muchly appreciated

I have it too! I just noticed it, but I Googled "lump on the tailbone" and it came up with something called "pilonidal". This sounds a lot like what you and I have. I'd say go straight to the doctor and tell them this, or any other ideas you have about what it is, and check it out. It sounds like it could get pretty bad if left untreated!

Good luck!

My husband has this bump as well. He had it a while ago before, and thought it appeared just from sitting too much on the job. It went away for a bit, and now it's back. He said that researching in online, the diagnosis explains it perfectly with how he feels and the symptoms he's experiencing. The online diagnosis, is some form of Skin Cancer that is pretty aggressive. Apparently less than 5% of ppl get it, but Blond haired, blue-eyed ppl are more prone to get it.

I would just try and see a doctor and have them fully check it out and test everything! Skin Cancer is a scary thing!

Hi all I'm with the rest of you guys I do to get this bump. The bump in quest could be a cyst "infected hair" and it really hurts to sit and walk i have never been to a DR. for mine which you should do but im not packing my butt for a few weeks lol sick. But any how what i do when mine comes alone to bring me down is take long really hot bath's or shower's a few times a day and wrap my self up in a heating blacket to keep the area warm and drawing sab and in a few days it drain's that nasty smelling geen stuff. "have air freasher" lol but thats all i do

im 15 and i have one on the very top left up my crack and iv had it for awhile..i dont know how long but it never bothers me unless i hit it like doing situps hurts but i just put a cushion under my butt and it never bothers me. I have a feeling its a cyst because my friend has one on his arm and it feels just like it lol idk it dosent bother me really