hello, about a year ago i fell down the steps and landed on my tailbone all the way down. at first it was sore, but not bad. it went away soon after.  a couple of weeks ago though i found that it was hard to sit for long periods of time at school. then when i sat in general be the chair soft or hard, it hurt. now it hurts to even stand or shift my weight. i felt around my tailbone and found two hard pumps there, exactly where it hurt. can somebody help me understand what is going on? should i go to the doctor?

okay, so for anyone with the same problem: i went with the ER because it just hurt so badly, i didn't know what to do. the doctor checked it out and told me that i had a pilonidal cyst. He sent me home with some medicines and told me not to go to school for two days, but while i'm not in school to make an appointment with a surgeon so he/she can check it out and see if it needs to be drained or maybe surgically removed. (because these things often come back ): ) he also told me to soak in a hot bath (as hot as i could stand) to maybe help it out. i'm really hoping i don't have to get another surgery or get it drained! anyone else with the same problem?

me again; so i had to get surgery for my cyst. i was labeled as an out-patient and went home the same night. i'm not going to lie, three days into the surgery and i'm still in immense pain. but it's better-- there's not pressure or anything like before my surgery. the doctors told me the cyst was bigger than they anticipated it to be: about three inches long, wide, and deep. ): boo for me because they aren't suppose to stitch it up or anything. so i have this big hole right where the entire cyst should be, or at least that's what my mom tells me; after all she is the woman who changes my bandages twice a day. so now i'm left sitting here. i still can't sit or lye on my side (i wasn't expecting any miricles in the first place lol) the only thing i can really do is lye on my stomach and rest, rest, rest. and you can't do ANYTHING. let me repeat this: ANYTHING. 

i don't know when i'm suppose to go back to school, though. there's about 2 1/2 weeks left. doubt i'm going back anytime soon. i mean, i have a hole!