Hi, couple of days ago I fell on my bottom. At that moment I didn't feel any pain. But, since yesterday I am experiencing a kind of tailbone discomfort. The pain is not constant, but appears after I sit for a while. I am worried that maybe I have hurt my tailbone. Should I pay a visit to my doctor because of this tailbone discomfort, or will it go away by itself?

Hi, tailbone discomfort that you are feeling could be the consequence of a tailbone injury. The accident that you had may have caused the tailbone injury. If the injury to the tailbone is more traumatic, bruising can develop. I would advise you to visit your doctor, because if you have suffered a more severe injury the pain will only get stronger. The healing process usually lasts longer, because the immobilization of the tail bone is not possible. So if you really have a tail bone injury you will be asked to stay in bed for coupe of days. However, your doctor will do necessary exams to determine the cause of your tailbone discomfort because there are a few more conditions, other than tailbone injury, that might cause tailbone discomfort. When the doctor determines the right diagnosis he will prescribe you the right course of treatment.