Since the beginning of this year I have had pain in my upper butt muscle by the tailbone that when sitting in a hard chair and then shifting positions or standing up causes excrutiating pain for a brief second or so but enough to be able to see the pain on my face.  I had an xray done with no bone issues and have been told to take Aleve or other pain medication.  Nothing seems to work and I hate sitting on anything other than a very soft cushiony couch.  There is no numbness and no tingling.  Pain stays in the same general area but intensifies greatly for a brief second when I shift positions or stand up and then the pain is gone.  I have a herniated disk in my back which has not caused any pain since 2004 so it is not that.  Any help on this would be great.

that sounds liek a fractured tail bone but surely the e-ray wouldve shown the fracture.a few years ago i got drunk and had sex with a good friend of mine and the next day or so i couldnt sit down without it hurting really bad.it was almost 2 months until i was able to just sit down!i stopped drinking and i never had sex with him again.i didnt tell him he broke my booty bone bc i knew id never have done it if i wasnt drunk and ill never do it again with him.i hope you get better.

COULD BE SIACTIC NERVE