Hello! I have heart my tailbone, and it really hurts. IS there anything I can do at home to control pain and avoiding further irritation.

Hi there! I hope you saw a doctor and checked if there weren’t any fracture. It is very important that you are looked by an expert. There are some thing you can do at home, but please, have it looked if you haven’t already. Avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When you sit, sit on hard surfaces and alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks. Also, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone. I suppose it was a traumatic injury, and if it was, apply some ice to the tailbone area for 15-20 minutes, 4 times a day, for the first few days after the injury. Use some pain meds like ibuprofen. You can get a cushion that has a hole in the middle of it to prevent the tailbone from contacting the flat surface. Try to eat foods high in fiber to soften stools and avoid constipation.