I am 30 years old and I am pregnant for the first time. However, I found there is a problem with me I have never experienced before. I realized I have tailbone pain that occurs during my pregnancy. Since I did not read this is normal thing in pregnancies, I am worried. Could anyone tell me what does it mean, and are there someone else who experienced this?

I have to tell you I have been experiencing varying degrees of tailbone pain for about 2 years before my pregnancy starts. My tailbone has always been prominent, but had never caused pain until that period. I did not do anything to cause an injury, but when I started having pain while trying to sleep at night, I finally complained to my primary care doctor. She thought I had a cyst and referred me to a surgeon, who recognized the problem as my tailbone and referred me to an orthopedic surgeon. An MRI and x-rays indicate that my tailbone is elongated and curves to the right side, which I did not know before. The doctor recommended changing my habits, and said he will only consider surgery as a last resort. Then I read tailbone pain is sometimes problem that might occur during pregnancy. The fact is that position of the baby can cause backache in late pregnancy. If the baby's back is against the woman's back, this can press on her sacrum. Off course, you know it is causing discomfort. If the woman has injured her tailbone or coccyx, she may find sitting very painful during the pregnancy as I experienced. Pelvic rocking on the hands and knees may help shift the baby more to the front and relieve the pain because of problems with tailbone.

i am 5 months pregnant and work at a computer everyday. My tailbone is killing me, i went and bought a doughnut pillow thing but it doesn't help. I can't imagine how i will feel as i get bigger.

i had tailbone pain at the end as i became overdue it was unbearable pain as he was back to back the rocking on all fours never worked and was to painfull to get down there and back again my baby is now 2 months old and i still have the pain and is gettin worse i cant get up easly it takes ages and when holding kieran becomes practaly impossible even hurts when i move to quickly or turn over. this problem stop me being able to walk properly during the last stages of pregnacy

i am about 23 weeks pregnant, and i too sit at a desk everyday. my tailbone hurts soo badly, i literally wince every time i have to sit down. is there anything that can be done to help with the pain??

I am at 32 weeks of pregnancy and I have twins... my tailbone has hurt me since about week 10. Its one of the most painful things yet! and I have had contractions too! I thought it was just me but thanks for letting me know it isnt. I havent found anything that helps yet and it does seem to get more and more painful each day :-(

my doctor told me it is because all the pelvic floor ligaments attach to your tailbone and as they soften up, they hurt. i din't have this in my first pregnancy but have found it very unconfortable in the second

Thank goodness I found this! I thought I was the only one experiencing this, everyone of my friends whom I asked about this looked at me as if i were crazy! I can't even sit down at the dinner table to eat, I have to sit on the couch to eat. It is absolutely terrible, what can we do to help this?

Well i had a nasty fall down a set of marble stairs about 6 months ago. I spent a month going from doctor to doctor to find out what was wrong. After my 5th doctor I was ready to cry!!!!! my 6th doctor finally diagnosed that i had injured and permanently dislocated my tailbone, also known as the coccyx. I spent 4 months on bed rest... and could only sit for short periods on a donut cushion, and was told by my doctor to soak in a hot bath twice a day. I have to admit the pain subsided and my life finally returned to normal.... but I found out i was pregnant about 2 months ago... and the pain has returned (needless to say once my pain subsided after the bedrest , cushion, and baths... i got careless and stopped my baths and cushion use).

Anyways ladies... my advice is to rest as much as u can.... DO NOT bend down to pick up stuff off the floor.... it only aggravates the pain.... ONLY sit with a donut cushion.... and since hot baths are not an option during pregnancy.... try to either put a hot water bottle on ur bum at night... or fill a small plastic tub (the size of ur bum) and fill that with hot water and soak just ur bum in it for a while. Thats wat i intend to do! Good LUCK!!!!!

I had this dull tailbone pain starting around 18 weeks with my 1st pregnancy when I sat too long on a hard surface (like work chair). It did go away by the end of the pregnancy & never thought about it again.

Get up and move around; don't sit too long & also do pelvic circle exercises; it helps.

Now preggo with #2 & discomfort came back a little earlier this time. I sit on a soft pillow on a chair & I'm going to go to a chiropractor who specializes in pregnant women & children b/c they say it's due to a misalignment.

I went to a chiropractor at 36+ weeks last time due to breech baby & she turned almost instantly. The chiro did webster technique & so I'm more open to going to her earlier this time since she really did help me last time.

I understand why this is, usually most woman who experience this especially when going from sitting to standing have an unstable tail bone (cocycx). I work with physios and one said that if it is unstable it can dislocate during childbirth. Which has worried me as I don't want any additional pain during that time. I am going to see my GP and if she dismisses it then I'll go and see another GP. Unfortunately they cannot x-ray during pregnancy to see how unstable it is. I'm going to do more research on it and my main concerns are additional pain and the problems I might have post delivery as we all want to be pain free and mobile again. I have been trying to keep my back supple with yoga, massage and some physiotherapy, I don't think sitting on a dognut works that well as once you have that nasty inflammation not much is helping to alleviate it. Anyone heard of any other solutions?

To you ladies that said you have to sit in a hard work chair for extended peorids of time, I read a suggestion that said to sit on an excercise ball(if office permits) It takes the pressure off the coccyx! Works great.

huh i am 31 weeks pregnant with twins and can't remember when i started my tailbone pain but i also get pelvic bone pain does anyone else

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I have also been experiencing tailbone pain since around week 15. I work at a computer all day and it´s just becoming unbearable. I can even feel the pain when I stand up to walk. I guess I will try the dounut pillow. Any other suggestions, exercises etc. that could ease the pain?

My chiropractor mentioned something that might help with the tailbone pain during pregnancy...he said that one way you can stretch it out is by sitting up straight on an exercise ball and doing slow pelvic tilts. Don't know if it works or not as I only started today...