Hi All,

I have read a lot of what everyone has wrote on here and the advise is excellent.
I am 35 years old and have been on HRT for the past 3-4 years,
The doctor says i am pre menopausal, hense i still have a very light but regular periods,
Now you would think that i wouldnt have a problem in concieving but my youngest is now 15 and
i have never used contraception, so why arent i getting pregnant????
I tried clomid but came off after 3 weeks as it produced cyst on my ovaries but i am thinking of
returning to my doctor and asking that i be put back on it as i see no other way besides IVF.
which is too expensive for me and my husband.
Does anybody out there have any advise for me???
many thanks
liz. 8-|

Hi Liz, it sounds unusual that you are having some trouble conceiving but if you are premenopausal then I think that would definitely affect your ability to get pregnant at this point. My thinking is that unfortunately that IVF may be your only options. I'm sorry to say but unless there are other circumstances I don't know about (and please let me know if there are!!) then you may not be able to get pregnant. What do you think?

I think you are probably right but im thinking that maybe i have a shot if i
take the clomid for the full 3 months to see if this has any affect,
if not then i am looking to pay 3000 to have IVF in Barcelona.
thankyou for your reply.

I don't think that it would hurt to try the clomid. It is certainly cheaper and worth your time. But in the meantime, have you had any eggs frozen so that you can do IVF? Or have you not done anything like that yet?

No i havent done anything towrds IVF yet as the doctor told me i should only
look into it as a last resort!!
will try the clomid for 3 months and if no joy then i will look into the IVF definetly.