usually how long after I start metformin is it possible to get pregnant Iam a bit confused on how it works and if it will work for me

Its different for everyone. The big thing to remember is RELAX- stress can actually prevent pregnancy...just like it can prevent your period. Chart your ovulation and have "fun" as much as you can during those 4 "fertile" days....It will happen soon enough.. Hormones don't take long to build
I take it you have already tried Clomid- from my understanding the two are usually prescribed together?? Or am i wrong about the drug you are taking? If you can ask your doc as I think that your chances of success might be a little higher if he can combine them- of course I say ask your doc because i could be completely wrong.
Its my understanding that no one is quite sure why melaformin works or how but some studies show it does...i don't know if this has changed since i last heard or if I am thinking of a differnt medicine all together but if I am on the right track and this is the diabetes drug glucophage its not likely that melaformin is going to work wonders by itself- something else should be done with its use....even if you just chart BBT and cervical mucous.... Good luck