hello my name is carla,me and my boyfriend are trying to concieve,my last peorid was oct.2,2009 and we had sexsince oct.9,2009 til day one of on oct.12 ovulation and he came three times,unfourtnally he had to leave on a business trip on day two of ovulation and today which was my ovulation day is there a possiblity i could be pregnant?how long does sperm stay in the vagina?

The American Pregnancy Association states that sperm can live for 3 to 5 days in a woman's cervix. i just looked it up :} i've been wondering how long they live too.

yes sperm can live up to three to five days. unfortunately if there are a lot of dead sperm cells already, ull have less of a chance of getting pregnant. only way you'll truly know when your ovulating is if you were to test yourself of have your doctor keep track. some women ovulate during their cycle. we've been trying to conceive for about two years.

Hi everybody,
I have heard that it all depends on the environmental conditions.
Sixlilpenguins, do you know anything about this?

well i saw that episode of friends where monica got fertility tested lol thats about how much i know. but it does make sense that environmental conditions would have an affect on it.

Heheh good one sixlilpenguins. :-)

OK, I though you had some more info. You mention from three to five days. I think that is only happening in side woman's vagina, because if it is on open it would probably dry. Right?

no i actually just googled 'how long does sperm stay alive' and looked at a couple links before i found that. most of my knowledge is in birth control. but i imagine that it would dry up if it wasnt inside, its not as moist outside as it is inside.

lol @ yall...ive seen that same friends episode. and yes, ive went through a research stage. and the environment conditions will affect it. stress is a main factor. unhealthy rafting habbits as well. sheeesh, it takes a lot to get pregnant for some people. I hate it. for the ones who are ready and want a family, it takes years. for others, once.

Fertility and Pregnancy

Well, if it is that time of your life when you are seriously pondering over having a baby, welcome to a whole new experience.

In order to improve your chances of getting pregnant soon, it is important for you to know the ideal time to have sexual intercourse.

The set of practices that helps you know the days of the month that you are most likely to get pregnant is known as fertility awareness method (FAM).

Fertility awareness is useful not only in helping you conceive, but also to help you avoid a pregnancy.

Here are some techniques that will help you know the ideal time when you will be most fertile, so that having sex during these times will improve your chances of getting pregnant quickly.For more information on women's health visit :

It is unfortunate how some couples that want to have children, have problems in conceiving, and other even on birth control get pregnant. Also I agree with you, stress is a big factor.

lmao i didnt mean to put rafting! my phone is a piece.anywhom, yea its hard ! i think maybe its the stress of wanting one and the others whom dont take precautions never feel that stress.

That makes a lot of sense then, but if it's inside, how long would it last? Wouldn't it be 3 to 5 days at that point then?

I can't say this with 100% accuracy, but when you're trying to conceive having too much sex can lower your chances. If the man ejaculates too much it dilutes the amount of sperm in each ejaculation. Focusing in on when you ovulate may be your best bet. I'm just in the process of considering getting pregnant, so this is all what I've heard, but I'm almost positive it's true. That being said, good luck! I hope things work out for you :-)

One more thing, lol. If you're stressing about getting pregnant it is harder, I have no idea why, but it is. I know one friend that was on fertility treatments for almost a year, she and her husband decided to come off the treatment and not focus on it and she got pregnant right away. It's kinda like a watched pot never boils, when you want something it can never happen quick enough, but don't lose heart.

Hi Viperbunny,
I have to agree with you. Stress is a powerful enemy when people are trying to conceive.
Do you have any more information on some benefits while trying to conceive?