Hi, my girlfriend has just had an eptopic pregnancy and had her 2nd fallopian tube removed.
Can she still get pregnant using I.V.F. treatment or will they not treat her as she has no fallopian tubes?

Please help as my girlfriend is very worried and I need some advice to give her.

IVF treatment is possible for a pregnancy, but they will most likely use DONOR eggs if she does not have any OVARIES.

AS LONG as a woman has a uterus, a pregnancy is possible.

My name is tilwanna and my fallopian tubes were removed last year in june of 2005 due to apendix bursting and causing an infection in my fallopian tubes.The doctors had to remove both.Also the doctors told me that I wouldnt be able to have babies which hurts so much each and every day of my life.I am 19 years old.can someone please give me an answer on how this can change.?

I discovered when I was 19 that I would not be able to have children, but it is not as simple as that. For example if we have a uterus we can have treatments to help us get pregnant. In other cases there are other solutions.

Don't worry, just seek help when you want to and when you are ready. Don't let anyone tell you you can't have children.

Best of luck... :-)

As long as you have a uterus, fertility drugs and treatments can allow you to have children!

Do not give up hope =)

Last January I had to have both of my tubes and an ovary removed. I didn't think anything of it then other than what ever it takes to take the pain away do it. Now I'm wanting to get pregnant. Is it possible?

:D

you can still get pregnant but you will need IVF,i have had three ectopics so i have no tubes,and i have had four IVF cycles and have a gorgeuos three year old now,so it can be done.If your ovaries are producing eggs they will use them otherwise you might need donor eggs as i did.

hope this of some help to you and good luck :D

This blog seems really old but i guess its worth a try. I am 28 y/o and had both tubes removed. is there anyone that can explain to me first hand knowledge of IVF. Ive researched, saw the specialist but I am so very nervous anxious and somewhat doubtful. I really cant afford cycle after cycle although my doc said my chances were great

I had both fallopian tubes removed when I was 28 because of an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured. I later did a cycle of IVF and became pregnant with twins. If you are under thirty your chances of becoming pregnant as a result of IVF are pretty good (assuming there are no other problems). There are other factors involved obviously, such as how you will respond to the fertility drugs, but overall your chances should be pretty good. I had 3 embryos put back in and they all took. I lost one at 7 weeks. There is also a shared risk program which is basically insurance for IVF. For example, you could buy three IVF cycles for $20k, and if you get pregnant on the first cycle you don't get your money back. However if it takes 3 tries then you pay no more than the 20k. Its tough to imagine spending all of that money and ending up with nothing to show for it, yet if you are fortunate enough to be a success story it is so worth it. Unfortunately time is a factor.

I am a 34 year old with no fallopian tubes and one ovary. I had had my tubes tied after our first child, and then had an unsuccessful reversal followed by an ovarian cyst. We did not qualify for shared risk because of this. We did IVF, and I got pregnant with my second child the first cycle. The fertility drugs are a rough go, but it was all worth it. We had one embryo left to freeze after 5 days. We went back last August, when my second daughter was almost two years old. We were told there was only about a 13% chance that I'd get pregnant if the embryo thawed at all. I am now the proud mother of a four month old as well. There's always hope.

I have had both my tubes damaged/removed, from 2 ectopic pregnancies.

I am looking at ivf now....

I LOVE hearing the sucess stories of ivf!!!

Im having a hard time dealing with the whole thing, my last pregnancy was ended with emergency surgery in april 08.

Im 36, but have eggs, and am quite good at getting pregnant, just not getting it to my womb. Now the tubes are gone, no more ectopics!

IVF is a wonderful thing. I know I will be lucky- I begin treatment Valentines day next year.

Wow! I just read all the posts here and find some people really amazing. To the athiest I would like to say that if you've not been through these issues, then why are you even on here?
To the others...I had both tubes removed 3 years ago in an emergency surgery to take out an embryo trapped in a tube. My doc removed both (after more than 10 miscarriages) to help me have a successful IVF cycle, but I still cannot afford this procedure. Doc said that the chances are so rare that I could ever become pregnant on my own and even if it happened, there's an even higher chance that it would be ectopic once again. This is because when the egg is released from the ovary, since there is no tube, it just kinda floats around out there and if fertilized can attatch itself somewhere else in the abdomen. So, to have a successful implantation in the uterus is very unlikely. Miracles can happen and I do believe that, but based on fact...chances are very slim.
As for IVF, I still cannot afford this, but you should know there is a new type called MiniIVF. It is less costly and requires less hormones. Invented very recently by an excellent Dr. For me it would cost $12K as opposed to the normal $20K, but is still more than I can afford. This is only performed by a couple of docs so far, but if you look into it, check out the doc in St. Louis who created it. Maybe it will give some of you more hope.
Keeping us all in my prayers. Thanks.

well i am 21 years old and dont have any fallipan tubes and was wondering how did u guys get the money for the ivf treatments. was it saving ur money or medical loans.

I had both fallopian tubes removed due to two ectopic pregnancies and I have three beautiful boys from two different IVF cycles three years apart. I believe the doctors suggest you do IVF if your tubes are removed or damaged because it bypasses the fallopian tubes. IVF definitely is the way to go. It does work!

:-) IVF IS OK IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT AS IT CAN BE VERY EXPENSIVE AND ALSO DEPENDS ON YOUR AGE.