Im 24 years old and I was diagnosed with PCOS poly cystic ovarian syndrome when I was 15 . I met my husband 6 years ago and for the past 4 years we have been trying to have a baby . NO LUCK . My peroids have been irregular since I was 14 , and I have all of the symptoms that come along with PCOS .. In july of 2009 I was put on Metformin by my Dr . and told to take it twice a day Metformin 500 MG twice a day yeah thats it . OK so anyway he told me to start out with taking only one a day because it would cause me to be sick at my stomach so I did as he said and it did make me sick so I stopped taking it for awhile and so at the end of September I started back taking it one a day , and I am still just taking one a day but I am gonna start with two a day soon , the reason I have not is because the more I take it the less it makes me sick . Should I ask the dr to put me on Clomid after I start taking the Metformin 2 times a dayif I havent concieved by January ? The dr told me that when I started taking the Metformin twice a day that i could possilby concieve with-in six weeks if I coul;d stand it making me sick . I mean My husband and I want a child very much so , and we tal about it all the time . Since I have started taking the metformin even from when I first started in July my peroids have been more regular like around the same time every month but last month It was very light basically all I did was spot for about 4 days and it was so light that it was like I wasnt even on my peroid at times , and this month I thought I was starting but today was my heaviest day and it was maybe an hour it was a light med flow . But Im just frustrated after 4 years and trying many things , and going to many drs and so on . but I was just wandering if I should get on Clomid after taking metformin 2 times a day till January if I have no luck . Or do any one you ladys out there have any advice for me ? Thanks in advance for your answers .

i had tried for 3 years to get pregnant. i did metformin and all it did was drop my blood sugar and make me ill. they tried birth control to regulate me. they wanted to try for me to lose weight and i did set teh goal of 5% of my body weight and that made things better. but i still couldn't get pregnant and i still wasn't bleeding or ovulating. i tried a regular ob and they didn't know a whole lot so i found me someone who specalized in infertility and pcos. i highly recommend that you do this. I told him i was ready for a baby i wasn't get any younger can we skip the bs and go start to progestarone and clomid. she put on progestarone to induce a period and then clomid to induce ovulation. i also worked out not religiously or anything like that i weighed 285 at the time. I got pregnant my second round, that doesn't always happen it can take the full 6 they will try, but the point is tell your doctor to get it going. your ready and if clomid doesn't work you want to have time to try other things. hope this helps and i did have a healthy baby girl. one day you will have a baby too good luck

Girl i kno how u feelin my husband and I are goin through samething except we been trying 6 years. I dont kno what the problem is but its within me due to pcos im sure but im currently takin metpromin twice day yes it cus bad stomach aches also dr just put me on fermera this is second cycle. Im so praying for the two of us. Gods timing...