Is there any issue with Eating Ice. Can it be due to a lack of vitamin or food group? Is there any cause for convern?

There's no issue with eating ice... All I really heard is that it's not good for your teeth, or it could scratch the roof of your mouth. I mean it's just water, so I really wouldn't find it any different than grabbing bottled water and drinking it ^_^

Whether this is an "old wives tale" or truth I do not know but I've always been told that when you have a craving to eat ice it means you are low in Iron and anemic.

Like I said I don't know if it's true or not.

Anyone else ever heard this before?

Well if this is truth the only way you will know that you have low Iron is by doing a blood test.
But I haven't heard for this before. As I know when you eat ice it usually means dehydration.
I know few people that had problems with lack of Iron and non of them have eaten ice.
But I know when you are eating strange stuff your body is lacking of something. Ice has no nutritious value. So you might consider going to a doctor and check your self out.

Eating ice is a compulsion. My friends daughter has been doing it for years. She has actually erroded her teeth from the constant crunching. One can wear off the enamel as well. Once the enamel has been worn off, your teeth are virtually sitting ducks for other problems. Her front teeth on the top and bottom are a slight tint of gray and the dentist agrees that it is because of the constant friction of gnashing on a hard substance.

Teeth are one that suffers most from eating ice. I tried several times to chew it but my teeth hurt instantly. I like cold drinks and ice cream, but to eat ice alone, not an option for me. And when I read bbfeet's post I now that it is good that I don't eat it. I really try to take care of my teeth as much as I can.
I'm wondering if anybody who is eating ice, have any problems with teeth?

Yeah, I agree with what's been posted here already. Ice makes teeth more brittle because it's cold, and then because you are putting lots of pressure on it and chewing, you make it more likely that you can actually crack your teeth! I think it's a good idea not to chew ice but if you insist on doing it, at least try to chew on smaller pieces of ice that are less likely to crack your teeth rather than the big cubes. Good luck to you either way!