i lke to eat ice but my problem is am scared whether it can give me choresteroles and cough problems.please advice me on this topic.wat should i do to stop eating ice.am eating ice since one and a half years.

Are you talking about ice cubes made of water, or are you talking about some kind of drug? If you're talking about ice cubes, you should be fine. There's no health problem with eating ice. If you're talking about a drug, you could develop a lot more serious problems than cholesterol and coughing, so you should stop taking any drugs bad for your body immediately.

ok i like love to eat ice cubes like every chance i get-will this effect me in the future in any way?

As bedson said, you will be fine eating ice cubes made of water. Just watch your teeth.

kingfreze is absolutely right.

Ice is just frozen water; there's no, I repeat, not a single calorie, carb, or cholesterol in water.
However, when you crunch on ice, you're causing minute fractures in your tooth's enamel that can lead to very serious problems a little later on. It can damage your teeth much more than you realise.

Stay safe!

Immy

Ice is really hard on your teeth and jaws. You might want to cut down. Eating ice once in a while is fine. Try chewing gum as an alternative for now.

If you develope tinnitus, you'll have to stop completely -- and that would include gum.

It's possible you could somehow through your jaw slightly out of alignment if you do it all of the time. If that happens, you could start grinding your teeth at night, wearing them down. Then you'd have to wear a night guard.

When I think about it now, probably not worth chewing ice on any kind of regular basis. Really hard on your teeth. And yes, I did love to chew ice. And yes, I do wear a night guard for grinding my teeth....And, sigh, yes, I do have big time tinnitus....

Be Healthy,
Renee'

serious poopy JK! :-)

in all seriousness i believe it is bad, because i don't know about you but. i classify ice cream as a "waste food" meaning it has no nutritional benefit. but if you still like ice cream and all, just cut down on. and the cholesterol, i don't know really too much on that, so sorry :-(

Desert.Hound wrote:

serious poopy JK!

A jokester I see!

Well, it was plain old ice cubes...not ice cream.

"Waste food"!!! Ice-cream is amazing.

I would much rather someone sat with a 99 than smoked a packet of cigarettes, it can't be that bad for you... All in moderation ........

for how long have you been eating ice. on my side i often eat the ICE from the fridge not the hard frozen water it is somehow like the falling snow at winter. what do you think on that. i eat not much frozen water but much ICE

I Love eating ice..... i am eating from about an year... but it is just frozen water. the ice deposited on sidewalls of freezer is bad for health because it is not just water but mixture of gases for preservation of frozen food items. Not good for our health!!!!

I have a craving for ice cubes. Every night I eat a Ice tray of ice, Is there any side affects?

Is it the hardness of the ice (pressure required to crunch it), the coldness, or the noise that causes the tinnitus?

Fully agree on the dangers to your teeth.  I have friend who used to crunch on ice all the time.  He went to the dentist and the dentist shined a light from the backside of his teeth and gave him a mirror, there were little cracks all over the enamel.  I wonder if crunching ice is a relaxation exercise for some?