Hello,im 18 yrs old,working,use to be a skinny guy started to put weight on as i cant stop eating i weigh around 12 stones im 5-11,well my problem is i cant stop eating,i never feel full and even when i do not often,ill still eat,and all im seem to be eatin is chicken every day with out fail,chips more than 6 times a week,with out fail,and my sausage sarnys with out fail on my dinner at work,i eat around 5 bags of crisp a day,i just eat to much,and starting to clamp weight on,im wondering if there is somthing wrong with me,i never eat healthy really,and i know this cud go to far so any advice?,not for my weight problems as im not that big just a belly,but to stop me eatin so much?many thanks

Hello! I am going to the same thing at the moment but I have a feeling as if I can stop it but I am just not doing it. You see, I work at home and most of my activities are indoors. It happens to me that I don’t get out of the house for a few days unless I need to go shopping. I don’t have time to exercise and I am just eating whatever I come across. I start a diet and it lasts for 3 days but my husband is a heavy cholesterol eater, and this doesn’t make my situations any better. Pounds are piling but I still have a feeling I will grow out of it. How do you feel?

I eat because I am too nervous and stressed, because I have no personal life and this is the only thing that makes me satisfied-eating. Do you have any special problems going on in your life?

This kind of eating is usually associated with our mental problems and believe me if you’re still not noticing the consequences in you weight, you will soon, no matter how skinny you are.
This may also turn into sickness like bulimia or anorexia if you’re not too careful!

How long has it been going on?

Well, for what I can understand, there can be some reasonable explanations for your behaviours.
First of all, you can be passing through a stressful moment, like having a lot of work or having troubles in your lives to solve. That would explain a lot, because anxiety can both increase or decrease your appetite and hunger.
Then, you can be at a period of change for your organism, for some reason, which increases your body's need for food.
But it can also be a sympthom of bulimia. Overeating is definitelly one of bulimia's sympthoms, so it's also possible that you are ill. But let's not think of the worst things in the first ;-)

How have you both been doing lately?

Every day you hear about a tragedy in someone’s life and you feel so bad about their pain. It can be physically, emotionally and financially draining. When you hear their stories you feel as if it were you going through the same thing. In my life, I too have felt the pain and aguish of the terrible ordeals we have to deal with on a daily basis. My son, my daughter and myself have been thru medical and financial issues. They would have put us in our graves but yet we live… symptom free and living life to the fullest. A according to the doctors we should have been dead or worst, in a wheel chair suffering in pain and not enjoying our time here on earth. My son at 14, now 24, after a liver biopsy, discovered he has cirrhosis of the liver (auto immune disorder). My daughter’s baby was born with a rear birth defect that her internal organs grew on the out side of her body and was 2 months premature 4 years ago. As for myself, I diagnosed with lupus some 24 years ago. I was left to die in 6 months. I was in such excruciating pain, now pain free. I know first hand the pain and agony of everyday life, but there is hope, which will lead to emotional stability no matter what your financial situations, ailments or medical issues are. I wish to share these hopes and dreams with anyone who will listen. I will share with you hope and how to find the answers to your prayers to a healthy, wealthy life. If you would like to learn more, read real life stories or chat with someone live, you can go to and Contact Joan:*********

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web adresses not allowed **

Ok :-P :l

Hi there,

I HAD the same problem.. I started overeating, suddenly, and I never was "fat". As you are saying, you only have a "little belly" right now, but that soon will turn into a much bigger one, if you dont do anything about your food addiction.

Yes, food addiction. Food addiction is when your body is addicted to certain substances, such as carbohydrates, sugar, fat, flour and/or wheat for example. I discovered a fantastic book I can highly recommend it to ANYONE who is overeating. It is simply amazing, its a "Food Plan for Life", not another dump diet, which doesnt help in the end; it rather makes you discover what food addiction is, and you then, being aware of your addiction, will have the choice to change everything (stop overeating).

I know that "food addiction" sounds scary, but then not being able to stop eating, and never feel "full" is just as scary. If you want to change that and understand things you have never heard of before, you should read that book. I did, and not only me, and it changed everything.

The book is called "Why can't I stop eating? Recognizing, Understanding, and Overcoming Food Addiction", written by Debbie Danowski & Pedro Lazaro, M.D. (ISBN 1-56838-365-7).

So, good luck, I can only tell you: Read that book!

Anna

There has to be a point where you just have to make the decision not to eat the wrong types of food.

I am not "fat" or overweight, but I love food. I am always eating. All types of food. To compensate for my appetite I have to bust my guts in the gym and stay away from foods that will do me more harm than good.

People seem to praise the efforts of people who are fat and then lose all the weight, but people seem to forget the people that don't get fat in the first place.

It is not easy to get up at 5am in the morning 3 to 4 times a week, bust my nuts in the gym for an hour, watch what I eat, and stay away from fast foods and desserts.

Sometimes i am not perfect, but at least I am trying the best I can.

It takes guts, determination and a lot of effort. and an attitude of "just do it"

try this website -Iam sure 100% it will help you.
www.healthyandrich.isagenix.com

Good luck!

Anna/

I dont understand what is wrong with me!!! A couple of months ago, I was going through a really rough time- So I ate all the time. I was also on the pill, so that didnt help I guess. But now, my life is perfect. Everything finally makes sense, and I should be happy with everything that I have. But all I want to do is eat! I dont get it, Im not even that stressed anymore, its almost like its become a habit! I gained weight, and I hate my body now. I want my old self back.

I'm in a very similar situation but I've always had a bit of a weight issue, but recently it's getting out of hand!

I too was going through a period of being fed up and having a rough time which triggered me to eat unecessarily, but then things started getting better for me. I settled into a very good relationship and am now 6 months pregnant and very happy about my situation. Problem is, i just eat waaaaaaaaaay too much! Even when I'm not hungry, I just like to have the taste of something nice.

I've put on so much weight in the last few months, and people are telling me its ok because I'm eating for 2. But in my case it's like I'm eating for 10! Even had my antenatal appointment yesterday & my midwife told me the baby's big already. Obviously I can't diet, but I should cut back on junk food and sweet stuff etc. But I can't help it. Everyday I say I'm gonna cut down but I honestly think I'm addicted to food like it's a drug. I need psychological help or my baby's gonna be HUGE, plus when I hav the baby I'm gonna have a sooooo much weight to lose. Any suggestions?

Hi, have just read all of your messages. I'm so pleased to hear that after having this problem for 20 years, i am now not alone. I too am not very big (well not too big!) but will eat anything and everything. Even when i am having an evening meal i am constently thinking of what i can eat next! I just thought it was me being greedy, but i have been like this for about 20 years! I have gone on many many diets... and lost the weight but only for about 4 months at a time. When i get to my "ideal weight" i just eat and eat even to the extent that i really feel sick. There was one comment that said it could easily turn into bullimia.. which i truly truly can relate too! There was a message from Anna about a book "why cant i stop eating" i have ordered this today and will read it as soon as i get it. Also, just to add.... with putting on weight and all my energy gone and worried about what to eat next, my confidence has gone completely! So hopefully this book will give me a positive outlook eh....

Didn't want to read and run. Hope the book helps you both :-)

hi all

i feel awful when i eat, the guilt drives me crazy. im fine when im at work, its when i get home thats when i constantly want to eat and then its bed afterwards. i dont know what to do. my husband is fed-up with me. im just hungry all the time.

hey everyone, i am 17 and i just realized i have a eating problem, i eat all day everyday, and its not junk i eat very healthy but i just cannot stop eating, i know that it cannot be that i am bored cause i am very busy all day, but for some reason i never feel full although i just ate for what could have been for four people, i am not a big girl i am actuallt very very petit, so i dont know where this is all going. i never ate this much i usually could go for hours without eating and feel perfectly fine, and no i am not pregnant, still and virgin. so i need help cause i am a track runner againing outrageous weight without it showing. HELPP?!?!

Good lord, you sound exactly like me when I was 18. I was actually skinny, but I had a pot like you and I weighed 160 pounds. Actually, I was probably a lot worse than you. I only counted my calorie intake once but I was over 25,000 by two o'clock in the afternoon. I grew up in my parent's luncheonette and was their short-order cook. While I'm basically a shy person who doesn't like talking with tons of people, I had to deal with over a thousand a day. Obviously, my social environment at that time was not ideal for the type of person that I am. Consequently, I started hitting the coke machine about thirty times a day and I began consuming large amounts of ice cream, hamburgers and anything greasy, sugary, or loaded with carbs. At night I'd go through a couple of large bags of potato chips, and yet, I never gained weight. Twenty years later, I began to feel extraordinarily tired and my libido went from voracious to zilch. I also noticed that my tongue was coated, first with a white slime and then yellow that wouldn't wipe off. For the next four years my health gradually went downhill until I could hardly get out of bed. My weight dropped from 160 to about 120 pounds and was eating more than ever (like two large pots of spaghetti at a meal). Eventually my skin turned yellow and my hair had turned white and was falling out. I was only 42 at the time. Fortunately, I followed the advice of a nurse that I had met and went to see a nutritionist that she recommended. I was diagnosed with mucataneous candidiasis, a systemic yeast infection that was consuming all the food that I ate while leaving me starving. From my bloodwork and the details of life that I gave her, she surmised that the candida had been in my system virtually since the first few days after my birth because fo the conditions at the hospital. It sounds like you may have the same problem. Like I said, are stories sound awfully similar. But remember, You're still only 18 and I'm 68, so I may be giving you a heads up of your future if you don't do something about your problem now. Try standard physicians first, and if they don't come up with an answer after testing, try finding a good nutritionally oriented doctor or chiropractor. I wouldn't wait to long to get answers. Believe me, my whole life was changed by this problem because of constant tiredness and the inability to focus due to glandular issues that the candid caused. Good luck.