hi, i m used to eat ice, since my childhood.. i was interested in knowing, r thr any side effects to our any ppart of the body for eating raw ice, like 30 cubes in a day.. for eg. hair fall, or weakness, stemina loss, tooth decay or any kind or other side effects of eating ice cubes... pls guide me for the same

Eating ice cubes isn't good for your teeth. It can wear them down and cause dental problems. Other than that, it shouldn't cause any problems.

Eating ice cubes may be a sign that you don't have enough iron in your body and your body makes you crave ice to get it. You should see a doctor asap because you might have an iron deficiency already.

Hello joitek, 

There is a quite true saying – too much of anything is not a good thing. The same definitely applies to eating this large amount of ice daily. Yes, your teeth will become more sensitive or even worn out if they are exposed constantly to the ice, but I think that even bigger problem is the fact that you feel the need to keep eating ice. This is something I would recommend you to talk about with your physician about, because you might need your general health assessed, from basic blood tests to dentist visit.

Also, the constant coldness of ice might over period of time cause you to experience stomach problems. There are some evidence that the need for eating ice might be caused by iron deficiency and that is something easily treated with iron supplement.

I LIKE ICE !I EAT ICE EVERYDAY ,ALL DAY !BUT IT DOES HAVE SIDE EFFECTS TO IT. LIKE SHORT OF BREATH,CHEST STOPPED UP EARS,NOSES,AND HEAD. EVERY NIGHT FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS I HAVE TO TAKE 2 BENADRILS  HELP ME SLEEP IT OPEN ALL MY AIRWAYS WITHOUT IT I CANT SLEEP OR LISTEN TO LOUD MUSIC.ICE IS SO GOOD I LOVE IT AND WISH I COULD EAT IT WITHOUT THESE PROBLEMS.IT ALSO CAUSE GAS IN YOUR CHEST UNDER YOUR BREST.AND YOUR TEETH BECOME SENSITIVE IF U CHEW IT ,BUT I NOW SUCK ON IT ONLY INTEL IT MELT.

ice cubes i luv it.........i wont give up!!!!!

I love to eat ice. I only like certain ice from the machines on the road. not ice cubes or the kind you  get with a fountain drink, also I Like ice from the hospitals.when I stopped smoking, I hated ice I did not even want it in my drinks. I realized the ice along with the smoking was causing me to have very poor circulation in my hands. Plus I am Anemic and ice made it worse.

heyh since i seach for that.. i get know that there is a causes that make u feel bad that is u will have luekmia.

According to me every one have some advantage and disadvantage, depend on your utility which thing do u want, when we are talking about the benefit then ice cream have many benefit like Protein, and vitamins but when u are talking about the Disadvantage then it’s contain more fat. So if you are habitual of ice cream then please eat Healthy ice Cream.

I am like same of I just can't stop eating icecubes I eat it all the time and can't stop it. My brothers tell me that I am goign to get sick and end up in the hospital. I dont want to end up in the hospital. Please help me

While the side effects of eating ice may seem negligible or avoidable if you are careful enough, there are some things that you need to know about habitual ice munching or ice eating. The cravings you get to eat ice is actually a possible indicator of an ailment that can be pretty serious and this is iron-deficiency anemia. This is especially true with women who munch on ice compulsively. As some doctors have noticed, some of the patients who told them of this ice eating habit also showed a somewhat low hemoglobin count after a blood count was performed. This kind of a problem is called pagophagia or the habit of compulsively eating ice which also indicates a possible problem with anemia or lack of iron in the blood.

hy. MJY B ICE KHNY M KIA KARO
KI ADAT H

While the side effects of eating ice may seem negligible or avoidable if you are careful enough, there are some things that you need to know about habitual ice munching or ice eating. The cravings you get to eat ice is actually a possible indicator of an ailment that can be pretty serious and this is iron-deficiency anemia

Eating an ice cube, can cause microfractures in the tooth's enamel, and weaken the structure. As time passes these will worsen.

i'm addicted of eating ice cubes alot for a day.i can't control it either can't be away from it.