I had Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion almost a year ago by neck to remove a ruptured disc and since then I gained 40+lbs in the first couple months mostly in the stomach no where else though, get out of breath easily, low stamina, hardly any strength, have a high blood pressure and I used to be able to do 30+ pull ups. Now after a year I am barely able to get to 5. I was at 3 a half a year ago. Could my thyroid have been nicked or could it been those injections they gave me? I was equal in weight and skill to my twin and he is lazy yet he can lift more, do many more pull ups then I ever can and he eats unhealthy and is lazy. I don't understand, our bodies were the same and we are both 28 years old, so I know we didn't change day and night just because. I know a neurosurgeon and orthopedic was there, and the endocrinologist isn't much help. Might anyone know of any type of doctors I can try? I live close to Pittsburgh, PA and also Morgantown, WV.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I do know they said something about my C4 and C5. I know one was removed, was told it would be too risky to do both in one operation. Looking back I am kinda glad they didn't. As a result of the surgery could I have gotten a pinched nerve or something? Wish I knew what type of dr I can see and what tests to request. There ps no way I am going back  to that orthopedic who did that surgery.......Worst bed side manner ever. Even yelled at the nurse because I asked her if she could ask him about the results of my surgery since he never gave me them * sigh