Hi, in couple of days my friend will have cervical fusion on C4/5/6. I would like to know something about this procedure, how is it done and what to expect from it. Did you have this surgery?

Hi, I had very bad pain couple of years ago. It was mostly located in my arm, and it was always severe when I made sudden movements. I went to a doctor and it turned out that I had a herniated cervical disk. I needed fusion on C4-5 if I wanted my pain to stop. Before that, I tried with physical therapy, but it didn’t help me. It is the first time that I did cervical fusion, so they took some bone from my hip. To be honest, this was more painful than a surgery itself. I didn’t have any problems after the cervical fusion, and it was very successful.

If they are having an anterior cervical discectomy, here is a good place (here at this forum) to find some honest answers:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/anterior-cervical-discectomy#399445