4 weeks ago i had an medical abortion, today i went back to the clinic to have my second pregnancy test and it has come back a very strong positive. I have had a pinkish vaginal discharge with spotting and quite bad period like pains at times, Should i be worried that the termination didnt work??

I myself have had a surgical abortion, and know that my pregnancy test showed a positive unitl about 3 weeks after.

I work in abortion care, and some women do have positives 4 weeks after an abortion, so it is not unusual.

DID THEY do an ultrasound?? If a pregnancy test is showing a strong positive and you are worried, an ultrasound will show if there is any pregnancy tissue left. It is important that you find out because of the risk of infection from retained tissue.

I know that at ALL clinics I work at perform a mandatory ultrasound after a medical abortion, and it is very important to have one =)

I am due for an ultra sound on monday but im really worried. Its upsetting enough having to go through an abortion once without having to go through it a second especially with the same pregnancy.

I understand! I have seen a few women who need a suction abortion after a medical abortion, but the place I work at puts women to sleep, so there is no pain or any anxiety =)

I know this is frustrating, and it sucks royally, but the ultrasound monday will let you know =)

Like I said, it is not uncommon for women to have a positive for 4 weeks after an abortion..

I know the feeling I had an abortion about 3 weeks ago and they didnt do an ultrasound and the past few days i have been having really bad pains in my cervix and stuff and i am worried that they didnt get everything and i could be getting an infection. What should I do.

It has been eight weeks since my abortion and I have had two positve urine tests. Am I pregnant again? Or was my termination incomplete?

Its been 6 weeks since mine I have the same question as the women above me I am still testing positive. I did go back and have an ultra sound and they said I was fine but I had unprotected sex a couple days after the 7 I was suppose to wait. I know I shouldnt have and dont need a bunch of people putting me down or preaching please just answer my concern. Thanks

I know this post was from ages ago, but I wanted to sar my story so others can be informed. The medical abortion pill didn't make me bleed with the first dose, but I bled a little after the second dose. I went back 2 weeks later for my follow up appt only to find the baby was still growing!!! I was absolutely devestated and even though i wanted to keep the baby, I couldn't. I had to have a D and C to end the pregnancy because even if you change your mind after taking the mifepristone pill.... you can't turn back. The baby is highly likely to have major deformities and they insist on giving you a d and c. :-(

i had an abortion six weeks ago so i know EXACTLY what you r going thru i will not pass judgment cuz i am going thru the same thing i had had unprotected sex several times and i know i shouldnt have and i took a test today a blood test and its says im pregnant i really hope im not but i was just wondering could the hormones still be in my system maybe i shouldve qwent back for my two week checkup

i had an abortin a couple days ago and im in sooo much pain the only thing that helps is midol but it still aches. how much pain did everyone else go through??

I had an abortion about 6 weeks ago, and i know that it worked, as i seen everything . :-( but had unprotected sex after an abortion with my boyfriend. i have taken another pregnancy test and it is positive.. but still havent had a period from the abortion..

i've had a medical abortion 4 weeks ago,my pregn.test's still showing positive,im still bleeding,n having pain...after the abortion the morning sickness n all the signs were gone...but i do feel them again...i feel like my stomack could expode anytime...dats scaring me...coz i do positive prgnncy tst n im bleeding as well at the same time...

I had a D&C in July 30 and had unprotected Sex recently but my boyfriend did not cum in side me... i took a test yesterday AUG 31 and it says positive... could i really be pregnant?

I just got an abortion yesterday, I'm bleeding extremely little and had bad cramping the day I had it done, but the next day the cramping was almost non-existant. Does this just mean I'm lucky or could the proceedure not of been preformed right? Also I refuse to have unprotected sex ever again, it affected me what I did and I wont put myself through it again.

i had an abortion last friday i was six weeks i didn't ask d doctor d type of procedure it was but i didnot take pills how long can i wait 2 take a pegnancy test please help