I had a mirena coil fitted in feb 07 - have experienced constant bleeding ever since. It has been lighter than before - but it seems to just go on forever! Occassionaly I do get about a week off - and the energy I feel is fantastic, but then, back to bleeding again.
Is anyone else experiencing the constant bleeding - does it ever get better? Will it ever stop? My gyne doesn't want to know, says it takes time to settle in... but 8 months???
Please, I welcome any answer or advice.

HI i recently ha the coil fitted, and it came out a month later,, it fell out,, so i dont think it was inserted correctly, but when i did have it in, i would get very bad pains and still bleed slightly.. i now whilst the coil is out, iam back on NOrthistroine and iam still bleeding only in the mornings though.. Iam not sure what work and what doesnt, i just cant put up with this when iam go to bleed and not , its stopping me from enjoying my life and finding a parner, i cant have sex knowing that i might bleed everywhere, its a horriable thought. I just want to get it sorted out.

hi i had a marina coil fitted 11 months ago and the bleeding was very irregular for the first few months but has since settled down but i now get terrible migraines ,back pain my hormones are all over the place and my sex drive is 0 so i think im getting mine took out ,persist if u want to keep it but do be warned its not for everyone lol good luck